Chapter 3 ~her sandy hair~

-River-
I saw her sitting there.

The place I always see her. I see her gracefully playing with the sand.

My family comes to Pedarshell every summer and we stay in our beach house.

I don't come to watch the sunrise or sunsets like I said I did. I come to watch her.

I've never seen such a more beautiful person that can just sit on the beach for hours. I don't know why she does. Though it's none of my business anyway.

She's different than all the other girls around here that come up for the summer. She never goes anywhere. She's always at the beach alone.

Sometimes I wish I could just go up to her and take her to go get ice cream. I would swoop her off her feet and take her to a movie drive in. We would laugh together. And oh the things I would do to her that would make her not feel alone anymore.

She has a few bruises and scars here and their and maybe it's from her being a little clumsy.

Her hair is the color of sand and she has the cutest button nose.

I never thought I would be falling for someone that I haven't even met yet.

She's never seen me. Which is why I went up to her today.

I couldn't watch her every summer.

I call her peaches because ever since I would watch her when I was twelve she helped this baby sea turtle get to the ocean and I remember her calling it peach. I thought it was odd to name a turtle after a peach, but it was cute.

When we were talking today it was like I was talking to someone I've known for years. I've known of her, I've seen her, I've watched her for years but I don't know her. It was special.

Her laughs make me set off into a world I have dreamed about to many times.

Though she is just a mystery summer girl, I've never looked at her as a mystery, only as a clue.

My guy best friends mostly all met here in Pedarshell on summer break. We've all known each other for way to long and even most times they make me sick to my stomach.

Tjay, Jamie, and I actually live close to each other back in South Carolina. We go to the same school and our parents know each others parents from when they where younger.

Tjay likes to cut up with people. And Jamie is a big partier. We are all going to different colleges so this is our last summer here in Florida.

The other guys are from other places like different parts of Texas or New York.

There's Jackson that is the most immature out of the group and has a body count probably over  70.

We have Henry and Luke that are from Montana and they are pretty chill until Henry sees a girl he can make fall deeply in love with him in one minute.

And we have Nathan who's from Texas, and Rowan who's from Tennessee. If there was a male version of a slut it would be Rowan. His ego is bigger than what he thinks the size of his dick is.

I've known most of them for the longest time and most of them might think I'm here to spend my last summer with them all when really I came back for her.

********
EDITED- 10/21/23