Chapter 15: Drunk Driving

Coral-

I walk back into the house just looking around. Me being drenched in water, it's a bit hard to keep my dress up. I don't think Rivers complaining.

He's following me around like a puppy dog. He has a grip on the bottom of my dress so he doesn't lose me. That or he's making sure I don't fall because I am stumbling all over the place.

I smile and turn around once we get to the front door. "Your just so..." I try and think of the words I'm scrambling for in my messed up brain.

"Obsessed? You'll find out why soon Peach." I roll my eyes at how perfectly he answered me.

"Can you take me home? I wanna go back home so I can wash off. Wash away my headache, wash away my mind, wash away all my makeup on my body, it's making me feel sick. Can you take me home?"

Im pretty sure once I get home I'm going straight to bed, but a shower would be nice.

He pushes my hair behind my ear. Then lifts my head up with his hand that's laying still there.

"Come on," he says as he opens the door for me, "your makeup is already off by the way."

"How do you know?"

"The spots on your neck are glowing like stars. So are these on your arms. I don't remember kissing you there?" He points to the scars on my arms from a few months ago.

Shit. I stumble out the house and into the driveway.

"Probably dirt, like I said I'm dirty." 

"I thought you had more of a classy mind." He says winking at me. He then catches me as I trip over a rock. That rock can go to hell.

"Ow my toe." I groan. That was more of a bolder than a rock.

"Come on." He's says, lifting me up into his arms.

We get in the car and I nearly smack my head on the dashboard. When we start to drive off i role my window down. The air hitting my face feels better than being in that house getting hit on. I close my eyes.

"Peach, what are you..."

"Breathing, what does it look like." I say in a soft tone. "It feels good, turn on some music." I demand him.

He turns up the radio. I stick my head out of the car and feel my hair lift away from head. It blows harshly, but I don't care.

"If you fall out, I'm just going to warn you that I'm going to laugh. Then I'll take you to the hospital after you bleed out."

I roll my eyes and lean my head back even more. River keeps looking over at me making sure I actually don't give him a reason to take me to the hospital.

I realize the unfamiliar houses we are driving by. "I told you to take me home."

"I never said your home." He passes me a side eye. Sassy motherfucker. I roll my eyes.

"What? You don't like coming home with me?" He asks. Well obviously I do, but he never told me and I'm going to have to come up with a whole new way to change the subject tomorrow in front of Reef.

"I had my whole night planned out." I cross my arms and pout.

"Change your plans and spend them with me for tonight."

"You are an obsessed drunk who can't keep his eyes on the road for at least six seconds." I turn to him. He then looks back at the road.

"At least I'm not drunk enough to have us in a wreck at what? Two in the morning." He assures me.