Chapter 28: Haunted

WARNING!!! SENSITIVE CHAPTER!
LOTS OF ARGUING!!!!

Coral-

I try regaining my consciousness while making out the face in front of me. I'm sure it's Reef. How did he know I was here?

The party is almost over, people started leaving as soon as Hannah cartwheeled into the fire pit. They said they were going to go before the ambulance gets called.

If Reef was looking forward to a party he definitely came at the wrong time. Silly boy.

"Reef! There you are! How did you find me?" I throw my hands up in the air. I can't really see his facial expressions but I'm imagining him about to burst out laughing at the fact that the party is fleeing.

"Cory what the hell? Get your ass in the car. Where's Hannah? Is she okay?" I feel him grab a hold of my arm and pull me away from from River.

What does he mean if Hannah is okay? I just saw her like four minutes ago.

"What do you mean? She's over there sleeping, is she not?" I look over at River to see him anxious. He doesn't say anything.

I then look back over at Reef to see him furiously glaring at River. Oh they both got the RBF bad...

"Cory, this is the last time your ever drinking again, you hear me? Especially around these people. Their fucking asswipes that'll drug you up in a second." He glares over at River then starts pulling me more away from him.

"Reef your sister and Hannah is safe I promise. I know what it looks like but don't take it that way. I would never let anything like that happen to her." River throws his hands in offense. I back away more as the two become closer.

Oh boy. Here we go.

"Bullshit. Don't fucking think I don't know how any of you assholes are." So they do know each other?!

Reef looks back over at me and back over at River. As soon as River is about to say something Reef starts instead.

"Don't tell me this is who you've been running off to all summer."

I stay silent as he watches me fold my head down and hold my hands.

"Reef, what you know is from the past. I promise you. None of us are like that anymore. We've grown up and you can ask pea-, I mean coral that we've all protected her from those kinds of things."

"You don't know shit. Cory your not going near him again. I'm tired of saving you from these types of things. We finally get out of this so called hell and you just keep finding more situations to get yourself into." He brushes the sand on my face away with his fingers as he barley raises his voice at me. He always know what and not to do. But it's his way of showing frustration and anger. "Now go get in the car while I get Hannah." He grabs hold of my arm and tugs me in the same direction of the parking lot.

"What? No." I try stopping the force leading me away from River.

"Peach-." River comes closer to me but before my vision starts to blur once more I watch as Reef swings at River and punches him right In the chin.

"Reef stop!" I run closer to the boys to try and stop Reef from hitting him again but then River hits him back. Oh god.

Blood runs from both of their faces. I try running towards them again but I end up gaining dizziness and fall to my knees. Am I in the fight too? I don't feel hurt? I do feel sick though. All I can hear is grunting and punching and I just want it to stop. It's to familiar...

"Stop!" I yell but I'm not heard. The two keeping going at it as in every way I try my best to stop them.

I try crawling over to them one last time without trying to get sand in my eye.