Chapter 14

Aurora's POV

Three days. He's been out for three days. Everything looks good. He is healing great. Now if he'll just wake up. Come on Mat. Wake up. Wake up now. Now. Come on. Please. I'm sitting next to his bed holding his hand and I lay my head down and fall asleep.

"Aurora? What happened?"

I jerk awake at the sound of Mateo's voice.

"Mat! You're awake." I hug him and give him a big kiss.

"What happened?"

"You passed out. You had some swelling in your brain. Mom did surgery. Everything is great. You've been out for three days."

"At least is wasn't three weeks."

"Yeah. How do you feel?"

"I'm ok. I also remember."

"Oh?"

Oh shit. Here it comes. I can't handle this.

"Baby, I'm sorry I rejected you. I should have talked to you. I figured you'd just reject me so I took matters into my own hands. I want to be with you. These past months have been the best. But I do have something to tell you. You'll probably change your mind about me. I'd understand if you do."

"Stop talking nonsense. Nothing you could say would make me change my mind about you. What happened four years ago?"

"When I turned 18 I went to the neighboring pack. Blue Moon. Saying I wanted to visit Morris."

"Old Doc Morris? He left here after his wife passed and moved to Blue Moon to be with his daughter right? She mated the beta?"

"Yes. I wanted him to do a full check up. Make sure I was really ready to be alpha. I know it's stupid. We rarely have anything wrong with us especially an alpha. I don't know why I wanted it. I trust Morris to not tell anyone and I didn't want people seeing me in and out of the clinic here raising questions. On the day y'all got back I had met him at a human restaurant to get my results. All healthy. Strong. Definitely alpha material he said. One problem. I can't have pups. I'm less than. A sterile man isn't a whole man. What kind of alpha can't have pups to pass his pack to. What she wolf wants a man who isn't all man. What she wolf wants a man who can't give her pups. She wolves are made to bear pups. And once you become luna you have that mother instinct even more. Do you really want me now that you know I can't give you pups?"

"Really?! That's the reason you feel less than? Are you fucking kidding me!?"

I can't believe him.

"How shallow do you think I am?" I yelled.

"That's not shallow. It's normal."

"What's wrong with adopting? Adora and Kat are going to. They already have a baby on the way. Are they less than?"

"Adoption is fine and no they're not. That's different."

"What if I couldn't have pups? What if it was me that was the reason? Would you think me less than?"

"No, of course not."

"You think it's just less manly to not be able to have kids? A woman's body is made for that. It's our job to grow our children. But you say that wouldn't make ME less?"

"No it wouldn't. And I see your point. But I'm the alpha. I shouldn't have anything wrong."

"So if it was something else, you'd still feel less than as an alpha?"

"Yes. But this also makes me less than as a mate."

"Baby, you're not less than to me. You're still perfect. We wasted four years for this. I don't want to belittle your feelings but it was time wasted. Luckily for you we're still young and live a long time so you can make it up to me."

"You still want me? After all this?"

"Of course I do idiot."

"Hey now, man that just came out of his second coma and feel bad enough already."

"Sorry. Still an idiot though."

"Adoption is an option. The child would become alpha just by barring our name and I would love him or her but it's not the same. Are you sure you're ok with that?"

"I'm happy being with you no matter what. But I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"Well, as great as Morris is, he was either wrong or the goddess blessed you through this."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant. I found out yesterday. And we all know you're the only man I've been with. So, you're not as less than as you think."

"Pregnant?!"

"Yep."

"He was wrong?"

"Well, maybe not. Maybe it would be hard but not necessarily impossible. Me being in heat probably helped a lot. Did he use the word sterile?"

"No not that word. But I felt he was saying it was impossible. Shit. I made us suffer for no reason?"

"Well even if you were sterile we suffered for no reason but that's neither here nor there."

"Baby, I'm so sorry. Oh my goddess. Pregnant!?"

"Yep."

"Get your ass over here so I can kiss you."

"Yes sir Alpha."