🥊Chapter 16: The Afterparty [Part Three]🎨

🥏Doorway into Summer Arc☀️

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

----------

Cover art courtesy of Shamastus:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Shamastus

https://www.deviantart.com/shamastus999

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/83764210/artworks

https://twitter.com/Shamastus_999

----------

Author's note:

ED: Their buses will be a while yet, so let's rejoin Naoto and Gamo-chan in the midst of their dinner chat.

There will be a fourth "afterparty" chapter, MAYBE five, so look forward to that. I'm leaning towards five, but I'll try to do something about that.

We did some more moving stuff around in the narrative, and this mini arc ballooned. A lot happens over the summer, and we thought some of it was better placed here, and we're still making decisions.

Once it's over, be ready for some Hana-chan goodness and then a trip to the beach!

...

I took a few days extra off of work and flew out to Utah to see the family for a week, so that didn't help with getting the new chapter out earlier either.

It was good to see everyone, but I think my parents might start more fervently husband hunting on my behalf. My younger brother got married last year, and I think my younger sister will be engaged by the end of this summer. My older siblings are all married with children.

I'm the odd one out, but they weren't complaining when I went the STEM route for my education instead of business or psychology or underwater basketweaving.

And they weren't complaining when they heard that I'll start attending graduate school this fall on my company's dime either.

...

Over the last week, I watched the first season and some of the second season of The Venture Bros., and it's as good as PS said it was. My older brothers were Hanna-Barbera and superhero fans, and I watched sometimes too, so I'm picking up a lot of references.

The "Easy Rider" ending of Season One was a surprise. That's what my editor called it at least, when I talked with him the other day.

...

I know some readers were at odds with the last chapter, and I can't fault them on that.

Not everything between Naoto and each of the girls is going to be wholesome and completely healthy.