🥊Chapter 18: The Afterparty [Part Five, Act One]🎨

🥏Doorway into Summer Arc☀️

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

----------

Cover art courtesy of Shamastus:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Shamastus

https://www.deviantart.com/shamastus999

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/83764210/artworks

https://twitter.com/Shamastus_999

----------

Author's note:

ED: Sorry for the wait. The last of the "afterparty" stuff took a LONG TIME to get how I wanted it. I regret moving so much of the story from later to this one Wednesday night, but I also don't. It fits here, and it'll help down the road with how things are going to go.

Chapter 18 was getting too long, so I divided it up into two parts. The five chapters each all contain what I wanted them to, but this one got too long, so look forward to the conclusion of "afterparty" with Chapter 19.

Then, Chapter 20 will bring the Sakura/Hana dynamic I've been promising.

I'm debating designating the Sakura/Hana and beach stuff to their own arc.

I never meant "Doorway into Summer" to last this long.

...

I just finished Season 4 of The Venture Bros.! I should say "spoiler alert", but this was from 12 or 13 years ago.

The first episodes of the season were fun, seeing the aftermath of Season 3 and all the plot points converging.

Henchman 21, Gary, has come into his own, even to the point he could go blow for blow with Brock Samson for a while. Considering Brock has killed the men of the Fluttering Horde by the score (sometimes all at the same time), the fact that anyone could take him on is pretty impressive.

And Brock and Gary teamed up to deal with a mutual enemy, apparently mopping the floor with him.

A reader said I might have fun with "Everybody Comes to Hank's", and he was right. It was a crazy episode, with what was probably the dirtiest secret in the series to date, and its companion episode, "Bright Lights, Dean City", was good too. Poor Manservant.

And I wondered for two seasons what happened to Sally Impossible's brother, Cody the "human torch", who Sally must've left behind, even though she took along her developmentally disabled cousin when she left her husband. Richard Impossible is evil!