🌺Chapter 35: Beach Episode! [Part Seven]🌼

🌞Sunshine Arc👙

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

Title Card by SeriousBismuth

----------

Author's note:

ED: In today's episode...

Swimsuits are donned!

Pretty girls are praised!

And for the near future...

Since Nanashi refuses to properly name most of his characters, whether sooner or later, I'm giving Nekoba and Rabi-chan "real" names for my story, given name and family name. I based the names off of their nicknames, and I think they work.

You'll see them in the next few chapters. I've been sitting on the names for a while, but I haven't NEEDED to introduce them, not until now, when I'm showing more backstory for each of them. I meant to hold off until they DID have proper canon names, but this is the line I drew, and I think I'll be found wanting.

I know I could make the story go more quickly, but I'm doing it the way I want.

The summer festival, Naoto getting his driver license, the video game convention, and more are waiting before the summer ends. A couple of the "more" things should prove very interesting.

...

You may be able to tell that I've really enjoyed the South Park video games, but here we go!

The South Park Fractured but Whole mission in the police station was pretty messed up. In the boss battle, you have to fight an H. P. Lovecraft monster and feed it white people in order to poison it. It can only eat "dark meat", so anything else is toxic and kills it.

The Plantmancer abilities ARE helpful this far into the game, let me tell you.

Also, I changed my mind about something:

I think the WORST kryptonite to have for your character would be "ninjas". They can teleport right up to you when you're just walking around and attack you before you can fart on them or run away, can call MULTIPLE fresh ninjas to join combat, and have a few nasty, draining attacks if you're not equipped to handle them.

What's more, you CAN get the ninjas to leave you alone, but it costs $5,000 to pay them off, and unless you know how to exploit the game's money system and take the time to do so, you're looking at making about $400 to $600 during the entire story. I think you HAVE TO pay the $5K at some point, if you want to completely beat the game and get all of the achievements.

Having "old people" as my kryptonite is bad, but I think it would only be the WORST weakness if you had a "sometimes a game completionist at the highest level" mindset, like my editor does. Plus, you only have one big "old people" battle, but ninjas are all over the map.

That's why PS always chooses "crab people" for his kryptonite. They're weak, you can outrun them as easily as any other enemy, like "minions", "Raisins girls", "sixth graders", and "crooked cops" (these don't even try to attack unless provoked).

It's the ninjas that can do all that sneaky teleportation stuff and can attack you by the time you're in range to put them at a disadvantage (i.e. throwing your farts at them or hitting them with firecrackers or environmental traps).