🥊Chapter 39: Diana Prince and Tweety Bird🐇

🌞Sunshine Arc👙

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

----------

Art courtesy of Shamastus 999

----------

Author's note:

ED: A catfight is on the verge!

A little trip down (bad) Memory Lane for Naoto!

I got tired of calling the chapters "Beach Episode!", so I'm now giving them their own names.

Like I said, combining two different days' worth of beach story into one day caused the size of this part of the story to explode. It's about three times as much stuff as I originally planned to have before the summer festival arc.

...

Apologies for how long the new chapter took to come out. It took a while to decide how to write this chapter and edit it.

I also apologize for the briefness of this chapter. Just another editing choice. If I'd made it earlier, this chapter would've been out two weeks ago.

PS and I have been busier than expected. My spring break from school didn't mean much when I'm working fulltime and had a few big projects to work on. And PS can't do much if I'm not giving him anything to work on.

...

For those wondering about why I decided to make Nekoba a Christian in my story, it was mostly to give her a little more depth and background. It was something to make her stand out from the other character in an unobtrusive way.

I thought about making Nekoba LDS, a Mormon, but it would've restricted what I want to do with her character later in the story.

I decided to go with her being a Lutheran because PS knows about it more than anything else, even though Lutheranism is a very small minority of the Christian population of Japan.

We actually had a really interesting time looking through the history of Christianity in Japan.

It surprised me that Lutheranism in Japan has only been well established since WW2, but I'd never thought about it either. Most other denominations and stuff had been there A LOT longer, especially since the 1850's when Japan opened its borders to a larger extent and partially decriminalized practicing the religion.

The Meiji Era brought about freedom of religion in 1868 but not really, and things got worse as Imperial Japan rose in power in the early twentieth century. Actual religious freedom didn't come until after the war was over. And it still isn't the best, apparently, but it's better than most places (like Hollywood or North Korea).