🌺Chapter 44: Sunblock Shenanigans (Catastrophe)🌼

🌞Sunshine Arc👙

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

----------

Art courtesy of SeriousBismuth

----------

Author's note :

ED: After a Neko/Hana ambush—

Shenanigans retreat!

This is the shortest chapter I've ever done, even shorter than the ones from the last story where Hana told Naoto about playing with Sakura in the sand in their bare feet and Naoto's subsequent confrontation with the gal.

I just wanted this to stand on its own, a funny and cute chapter. I think it's funny and cute.

I stumbled across a really funny/cute animal video this week, but now I can't find it, so it won't be one that Gamo-chan shares with Naoto. In the video, a man feeds a small male tortoise a lobe of prickly pear cactus, and the second he's done eating, the tortoise makes a b-line (moving almost as fast as those softshell turtles that scamper away in videos) for a female across the yard and mounts her. It's his daily routine, apparently.

...

The BBC released Pokémon Horizons dubbed up to Episode 32! Hurray! Thanks, BBC! You're not as bad as my editor says you are, sitting alone in the dark, cleaning his guns, listening to Judge Napolitano or rewatching the Tucker Carlson interview with Vladmir Putin, and waiting for the USD to tank. (Tee-hee!)

One of the episodes had a pretty funny scene. It turns out most of the airship's Pokémon have "Fight Club" style get-togethers in the cargo hold at night and brawl with each other, when the unwitting humans are asleep. A wild Pokémon made its way onto the airship, and it ended up having a battle with one of the ship's Pokémon, a Shuckle (their juice dispenser), while the rest of the ship's Pokémon watched, and they drank and ate afterwards.

Unfortunately, the series at the point that I'm watching is in its third quarter, and the animation is suffering some. It's that phenomenon that PS told me about, where the animators get lazy halfway through an anime's season, leading to the quality sucking until they go for the home stretch.

...

I hope that canon Naoto rips into Nagatoro about how mean and selfish and insecure she is, and why he has trouble being open with her, when he gets ahold of her, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

And if she runs on him again or doesn't want to listen, I REALLY hope Naoto refuses to play her c*nty games. She's worthless if she tries. And pretty much, he's worthless too if he falls for it or entertains it again. If he's a man—or has any love or respect for himself—he'll stand up for himself.