Chapter 3 - First mission

Shimo POV

The village we were heading to was someplace called Oranifa. After a day of walking and running I got there. I was supposed to meet Kazuya here but I guess he isn't here yet.

It was evening when I got there and it started snowing here. After buying a coat, I went around to find some food. After running around the town for a while I finally found a food stall to sit down at.

"So what would you like to order sir?" The waitress asked.

"Um... Whatever is your favorite. Maybe something hot?" I said while taking my seat.

"Your new in town aren't you? Not many are visiting our town nowadays. But anyway you must try our fried tempura!" She said while turning around to start cooking.

"So why aren't many people visiting nowadays?" I asked while laying my head on my arms.

"Well to be honest it's quite unsafe here. Recently an alarming amount of people died, supposedly because of a wild animal." She told me. We talked some more until the gave me my food. And honestly it was 10/10.

"This is delicious!" I exclaimed while devouring the food.

"Thank you! So what brings you here?" she asked

"Umm.. Work." I responded before taking another bite.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped off my seat and turned my head and saw none other than Kazuya.

"Kathuya! I'b mished you!" I hugged him

"Hey, don't eat with food in your mouth it's rude." He lectured hugging me back."Too tight-"
I let go of him and offered him to eat me with me.
We ordered two more of the same thing and by the time we were done eating, it was sunset. I made sure to leave an extra tip and then we went to look for the demon.

It was quite peaceful walking around. He showed me his nichirin sword which also had the same texture but was a different shade of blue. To fill the silence he started telling me about Ayaka and that he mastered total concentration constant already.

"I can sense a demon in that direction." He gestured. After a moment I sensed it as well. We both went in that direction. We saw a demon trying to attack a family. There was a man standing in front protecting 2 people behind him. There were 3 people around him laying on the floor bleeding heavily.

Kazuya wasted no time slice the demons arms off and stand in front of the man in defense.

"Stand back." He ordered the man

"First form: Freezing slash." I yelled while attacking the demon. Its head fell on the floor and it the mission was done.

I ran over to them to check if any of them needed urgent medical care. One of the boy's ran over to his father on the ground and I quickly checked to find that he was still alive.

"Kazuya he's still alive I'm gonna bring him to get some care, CHOJI." I called for my crow and he came "Bring me to the closest medical place."

I told the boy that he'll be fine and not to worry and proceeded to pick up his father. Then I started following the crow to a doctors office.

When I got there the doctor took him to a room and told me to stay outside. Soon the boy came and I tried to comfort him by hugging him.

Kazuya POV

Shimo just left with an injured man to get him some care. The young boy ran to chase after him.

"Wait!"