14. Next part: henchmen

They managed to get passed the security, heading straight in my room.

Dru was there before his brother, "Shadow I need to talk to you!"

In my suit, he didn't recognize me, "What do you want here?!"

"You need to sign something for the lawyer...it's about a will."

"Oh yes, the will, Fritz told me about it all. I have no use for his wealth." Dru didn't know what to say, as I informed him that I will not sign anything and also will never set a foot into the mansion. If he had known about my little attempt to clear Roberts's lab, he would be acting a lot more different. I went passed him, pushing him out the door, "It was not a pleasure to meet you and you should leave me be...and with that I mean...forever!"

BAM!!!

Before Gru could get in, he was met by Dru. He told him the whole story. In the meantime, I got into the villain wheel and left villain con. My plan only just begun!

I headed back to Carl. He sat in his chair, waiting for me to come back home. He acted like a father, once the lights are on, "Where were you, young lady?!"

"Out!"

"Do you know what time it is?"

I grinned, "Way past your bed time Carl."

"Don't get smart with me. We have to go to work tomorrow, in case you have forgotten."

Now was my time to get things straight. I sat opposite his chair, "Carl, I am not going to work anymore. I have a new job...and it starts tonight."

"N/A, what are you up to? Is it a cleaning job? Anything legal?"

I shook my head, "Carl, I have to do this."

"N/A, don't do this! You managed to get into a normal life, don't change it all now."

"I can't Carl. This is all I know. All I am asking you now...is not to interfere."

The last thing I wanted is to hurt someone I care for. It was my decision and he has to accept it.

But he didn't do that without a fight. Carl didn't leave me alone the entire night. He tried to persuade me to change my ways and go back to my normal life. It was all to no use. I packed my bags and left out the door. Before I went, I hugged him, kissing his cheek, "Farewell Carl, thank you for everything."

I went into the next hotel in sight, going through my laptop. I made myself some coffee and hacked through several accounts, including Roberts. In the morning, I had enough money to buy a huge estate. In one week, I had my own home, including my own lab. Carl didn't remove my stuff, although he felt tempted to. I checked my list, "Home, lab...next I need minions of my own." Through reliable information, I found out about famous villains, seeking revenge on Gru. One was even on the moon! As for the other two, I need to get them out of the AVL. It is one of the hardest place to get into, but not impossible. I want to risk it. These minions will be perfect for my plan. It is decided then...

"Well, let's see how this will turn out. Next off...AVL."