Things On My Mind

Narrator's Pov

Y/n was still sat down by her balcony, still not believing at what just happened. A man who went awol tried to go after her and presumably kill her for whatever reason he had, thankfully Gwen was there to save her just in time.

This was almost the final decision for Y/n, as in she might be sure about liking Gwen all because of her bravery, courage and just being this confident and caring girl something Y/n really liked in her.

But at the same time, she was afraid she and Gwen might not last long together as she was paranoid about the possibility that Gwen might go out the same way as Josh during that awful day.

"Y/n, she's a superhero.. She's Spider-Woman, obviously she knows what she's doing.. Ugh, who am I kidding? What if something bad happens when im with her? I won't be able to do anything.."

"I mean, she's nice and all.. She understands me, while no one else really does.. I mean, my parents do at times but.. Sometimes they'd tell me to just stop worrying.. I've had disloyal friends before, they didn't even do anything to help.

All while Gwen does.. "

All the words were getting into Y/n's head. She certainly did have her tough times in the past and her parents were there for her, but yet again, they would sometimes not be in any good help.

She had this fight going on in her head, a fight were she's conflicted about almost nothing but something at the same time. What was it that stood in her way that's really bugging her, but just doesn't know it?

Y/n remembered all the wild events that occurred in the past with these "super villains" causing damage and mass property damage and possibly hurting other civilians and Spider-Woman (who she obviously knows her identity) coming in the right time to save everyone and how it was Gwen the whole time.

Y/n never knew Gwen could be so brave and courageous, and graceful in her eyes with how she gets her self moving and almost as if she was an acrobat.

As she was sitting by, still letting her thoughts get to her, Y/n's phone, which was sat down by her table started ringing and once she got up inside, to her surprise, Gwen was calling.

Y/n felt strangely flattered with Gwen calling her at this time, even more so as she literally just fought an octopus man and Gwen was just casually calling her. Y/n isn't really gonna question that for now.

"Gwen? What's going on?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing, Y/n. I just wanted to let you know that it's a half day tomorrow at school. I'm not sure what's the occasion but they said so and I just needed to remind you about it." Gwen explained.

"Hey, uh, you alright? You didn't get hurt? Nor did anyone?" Gwen asked her.

"Oh no, no. It's all fine, I'm pretty lucky he didn't damage the place much."

"Okay, okay, that's fine. I was just making sure that everything is fine over there. Don't want anything bad to.. Or anything else.." Y/n could feel the rather gloomy and grim tone in Gwen's voice, almost as if it just dropped out of nowhere.

"Gwen? Are you okay? You don't sound-"

"No, it's fine, I'm okay, tell me about it.."

"That doesn't sound okay to me.." Y/n thought, Gwen sounded like she just covered it up real quick.

"But anyway, hopefully you're doing fine. Again. Also, mind if I tell you this?" She asked.

"Alright, go ahead. Tell me what."

"Since it's a half day at school and all, maybe we could hang out after it, maybe you could come to my place sometime?"

Y/n knew hanging out with her friend could be a nice little refresher, after all, she didn't really do the same with some of her old friends back then.

"You know what, Gwen? I'll go with you, why wouldn't I? You're my friend of course I'm gonna go." Y/n told her.

She knew and could almost hear the joy in her voice.

"That's great! Just make sure your parents will know, and hopefully they'll allow you. I'll see tomorrow, alright bye!" Gwen hung up.

Y/n cracked a smile finally, she knew she had to be with her friend and who knows how she's like whenever she's out with anyone she's friends with.

She sighed and plopped down on her bed, laying down and looking up at the ceiling as she finally felt relaxed in her place.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Damn, it's been like what? FOREVER since I've updated this?? I really missed writing this book tho, I can't even remember when I started writing this, definitely like LAST YEAR.

Sorry if y'all had to wait so long for an update. But here it is finally :)) it might end with maybe two more parts depending on how I tend to write the story.

Also, who else has seen Across the Spider-Verse? It was seriously awesome, definitely one of the BEST animation films I've seen so far including the Last Wish. If you haven't seen it, go give it a watch I need part 2 so bad nowww