𝟎𝟗 : ❝𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆❞

OLIVIA, JANE, STEPHANIE, Cynthia, and Nancy were outside Rydell High reading a newspaper article about themselves. Well, Jane was reading it, and the other girls were listening. "Vicious vixens perform vulgar acts before violently vacating the premises."

Cynthia pointed at the column and laughed. "Who wrote this? Mother Goose?"

Olivia pointed to a section and read it out loud. "Even more shocking were the ideas Ms. Facciano espoused in her manifesto-like speech."

Stephanie gestured towards another section. "To paraphrase Richard Nixion, speaking of his 1950 Senate opponent Helen Gahagan Douglas, "She's pink right down to her underwear."

Jane's eyes widened in shock as she looked at the newspaper. "They're calling us communists. This will sink my entire campaign."

Nancy clasped her hands together. "Are you kidding? That's great press, and it's going to work perfectly." She excitedly stood in front of her new friends. "With our new jackets."

They watched as she opened her bag and pulled out a black leather jacket with a spider on the back. "So? What do you think?"

"It's violent," Olivia mumbled.

"Thanks!" Nancy beamed. "We're the Black Widows. Nobody messes with us because if they do, we eat them for breakfast." She tugged on the jacket so the spider would look like blood was coming out of its mouth.

Cynthia shook her head in approval. "I like it."

Stephanie smiled at the excited girl. "Pretty badass."

Jane's smile faltered. "It's...It's very impressive, probably not the best way to convince people that we aren't vicious vixens."

Nancy looked down at her creation and nodded, "Sure thing, boss. Black Widows, dead on arrival. New name impending."

They all gave the girl an encouraging look before turning and walking toward the school. Cynthia could help but make herself known to the theater kids. "Hey, thespians! Jealous we put on the most interesting show Rydell's ever seen?" She grabbed one of their hats and threw it in the air, creating a game of hot potato around them.

The girls walked into the school, laughing and having fun, until Gil stepped out ahead of them in the hallway. "All right. Which one of youse is gonna pay for a new paint job for my car?"

Stephanie snickered, "I could buy the hunk of junk for cheaper."

"Think of it this way, Gil. At least you finally got some girls in it." Cynthia patted him harshly on the shoulder while the T-Birds and name impending girl gang laughed.

"I'm serious," He started. "There is a distinct scratch."

Stephanie placed her hand on Gil's shoulder. "Fine, I'll pay for it."

"No, it's okay. I got it." He mumbled.

Stephanie had borrowed a page out of Olivia's book, meaning she used a seductive voice to trip Gil off so he would drop it, and it worked. Cynthia rolled her eyes at the boy, who was flirting with her sister, and held the paper out in front of her. "See the paper, boys? When's the last time any of you chowderheads made the front page?"

"Congratulations," Shy Guy muttered.

Potato turned around and faced all the girls with a fake scared look. "Oh, watch out, fellas. It's a girl gang. They might beat us up...with their pocketbooks!"

The boys laughed at his joke while Cynthia beat him with the newspaper. He ran through them to get back to his friends. "Help! Help! They're suffocating me with perfume!"

Gil clapped Potato on the back and moved him out of the way so he could walk to Stephanie, who was getting her history book out of her locker. While her friends patiently waited for her. "So, Steph, you wanna grab dinner tonight?"

She turned around and shut her locker with a smile on her face. "Okay. What time?"

Gil's eyes widened. He thought it would take more than just asking her before she agreed. Stephanie was not a simple woman; she liked it when people made grand gestures to win her heart. It was one of the things Gil adored most about her.

He straightened his jacket collar while their friends stared at them curiously. "Cool," He mumbled before turning to walk with his friends.

She pinched her eyebrows together, "What time?" She asked again, but by the time the question was out there he had already walked away with his little boy posse. "Okay," She mumbled to herself, she would figure out the time later.

Stephanie nodded and stepped towards her girlfriends, who were staring at her with knowing smiles. Olivia squealed and hit her arm. "I knew you were lying! This is great!"

"Shut up," Steph mumbled as she turned red like a tomato.

The girls all silently walked into Ms. McGee's office. "Ladies," The old woman hummed from behind her desk. "For your punishment."

Cynthia held her arms out, "Let me handle this. We can offer you one-week detention plus cafeteria clean up, not including garbage removal. Take it or leave it."

Ms. McGee just stared at the girls until Cynthia put her hands up. "Okay, we'll throw in garbage removal. But we're gonna need gloves."

Ms. McGee shook her head, "Children are traumatized. Parents are calling for your heads. You've created a public crisis!"

"Are we getting expelled?" Jane asked, holding her books close to her chest.

"Certainly not," Ms. McGee said with a wicked smile. "At this school, we believe in rehabilitation. Let's hope that detention every day this semester will be enough to get you to start acting like ladies."

All of their eyes widened in shock, "Every day?" Stephanie asked out of disbelief.

"Oh, no," Nancy said sarcastically. "Guess I won't be able to work my shift at the Frosty Palace."

"Needless to say, this will all be memorialized on your permanent records. Some of which are quite full already."

"But colleges look at those," Jane said slowly. "Can I still run for president?"

Ms. McGee smirked rather evilly. "Best of luck, Jane. We'll let the voters decide between our star quarterback and the girl who flashed her derriere and stole a car."

"It wasn't really stealing," Stephanie said, trying to help her new friend's case. "The car technically belongs to Gil, who is our friend, so we basically just borrowed it.

The older woman behind the desk shot daggers at Stephanie with her eyes, "I'll see you all at 2:15 sharp."