𝟏𝟐 : ❝𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐃❞

THE T-BIRDS and the name impending girl gang pulled up outside the socs party. Gil reached for the door, but Stephanie slapped his hand. "Are we just supposed to walk in there?" She asked. "That seems like breaking and entering."

"It'll be fine," Gil reassured her as they opened the door, and the group flooded into Dot's house.

The slamming door caused the preppies to come out of the living room. They all stared at the clearly out-of-place greasers. The silence was deadly, so Cynthia made a joke. "What? Am I overdressed?"

Susan huffed, "What are they doing here?"

"Dot, did you invite them?" Another girl asked.

Nancy stepped forward. "We weren't invited. We're crashing."

Susan also stepped forward. "Dot doesn't want a bunch of gang members messing up her house."

"Hey, we're housebroken," Potato said with a smile.

Dot stared at him for a moment with a smile before declaring. "They can stay."

The quote-on-quote gang members started to walk toward Dot's living room before she stopped them. "Not so fast. Shoes off, both of them."

Stephanie and Gil shared a look before reaching down and taking off their shoes. Stephanie stared at Gil's socks. One was a black ankle sock, while the other was a white crew sock. "I like your socks," Stephanie said with a smile on her face.

Gil set his shoes on the floor before taking Stephanie's out of her hands and placing them beside his own. "I like yours too." She lost her smile when she looked down at her own feet. She was wearing light pink ankle socks.

"Well, at least mine match." She sighed.

Gil shook his head. "Matching is for losers."

Stephanie reached out and lightly smacked the back of his head. "Shut up, asshole."

Gil opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Dot. "Okay, house rules, so listen up. Upstairs is off-limits, but there's my bedroom." She pointed up the stairs. "And there's my second bedroom, where we keep the rabbits. One of them went missing, so watch where you step."

"Jeez," Gil exclaimed, walking around the room. "This place is fat city."

"It's real smart," Potato said while taking the toothpick out of his mouth.

Dot's face lit up. "My parents are super rich," She went to tell Potato a story while Gil and Stephanie stared in awe at Dot's house.

"This place is huge," Stephanie mumbled while looking up at where Dot said her bedroom was.

Gil clicked his tongue and wrapped an arm around Steph's shoulder. "Look at this creepy painting."

Stephanie turned her head to look at what he was talking about. It was a picture of an older man who looked like he was crying in a chair. "That's my dad's study," Dot announced, causing Stephanie to look at the door the small girl was pointing at. "Do not go in there. I have never been in there, ever."

Richie pulled a flask out of his jacket pocket. "Okay, let's get this gig going."

"Absolutely not," Dot stated. "No drinking. No smoking. And no peeing in the outdoor fountain-it kills the fish. That concludes our house tour. Please enjoy yourselves."

Stephanie and Gil walked into Dot's living room. Surprisingly his arm was still intact and on her shoulder. "This party is a drag," Gil whispered so only Stephanie would hear him.

Steph shrugged. "It could be worse. They could have stupid, childish party games."

Right as the words left her mouth, a boy stood on the couch and yelled: "It's spin the bottle o'clock."

"Oh god," Stephanie mumbled. "I hate this game."

Everyone started to sit in a circle, Gil tried to get Steph to sit beside him, but she went over and sat by Olivia. "How are you and your steady lover?" Olivia asked with a laugh.

Stephanie rolled her eyes and was about to say something snarky, but Cynthia yelled, "Listen up, you fiends. I want a good, clean game. Keep your hands to yourself, your lips pursed, and if you land on someone ugly, just close your eyes and think of England."

Everyone laughed at her joke, and Cynthia set the bottle in the middle of the floor. "Let the depravity commence!"

The game was going fine. There were people kissing people. There were people grossed out about kissing the person they were kissing. They were people enjoying who they were kissing. And then there was Nancy, "Pass." She said when the bottle landed on a jock.

"Pass?" Cynthia exclaimed. "You can't pass."

Nancy gave her a look, and Cynthia obliged. "Strike one!" Cynthia shouted.

Stephanie stopped paying attention when Jane took her turn, and the bottle got stuck between Buddy and Richie. Of course, Jane picked Buddy so she could talk about the race, but no one else knew that, so when Jane declared she wanted 7 Minutes in Heaven, things got a little heated.

The bottle suddenly stopped in front of Stephanie, she looked at it with wide eyes, and then she looked across the room at the person who spun it. Gil looked back at her with a wide grin as he inched his way closer to her. Stephanie smiled nervously; this was not how she wanted her first kiss with Gil to happen. Not in front of people she knew and others she didn't like.

But the moment was seized from her when Cynthia pants Gil in front of everyone. "Nice skid marks."

Gill stood up angrily. "What the hell, Cynthia."

"Don't flip your lid." The young Zdunowski girl held up her hands. "It was just a goof. I'm sure my sisters seen worse undies, right?"

Gil was fuming, to say the least, and he wasn't thinking straight, so he said something that offended both of the Zdunowski girls. "Why can't you act like a normal girl?"

Cynthia's face went from a smile to an immediate frown, and she walked off. Stephanie stood up and followed her sister, but Gil grabbed her arm. "Steph-"

She turned around and smacked him in the face. He just stood there and stared at her in shock, just like the rest of the people in the room. "If you ever say anything like that to my little sister again, I will beat the shit out of you."

He sighed, "Steph-"

She ripped her arm out of his grasp. "No. Whatever this was," She motioned in between the two of them. "It's over."

Then she walked off to find Cynthia. Who was currently sitting by the door, silently crying on the ground. "You don't have to protect me, you know? I can take care of myself." Cynthia stated right as Stephanie sat down beside her.

"I know." Stephanie sighed. "I just...It's like..." She bit down on one of her nails. "Different isn't bad." Is what she finally came up with. "I don't understand why people can't see that."

Cynthia turned her head and looked at her sister for a long moment before placing her head on Stephanie's shoulder. "I'm sorry that we ruined your date." Cynthia barely whispered. "It's just weird seeing you happy with Gil."

Stephanie tightly smiled and grabbed Cynthia's hand. "Well, I don't think I'm gonna be happy with Gil anymore. I kinda blew up at him."

Cynthia chuckled. "I heard you." Then she sighed. "He's crazy about you, and I'm sure he'll do something to get you to forgive him."

Stephanie shook her head. "What if I don't want to forgive him?"

Cynthia squeezed her sister's hand. "You should, 'cause you're crazy about him too."

And that was the last thing Cynthia said before Jane, Olivia, and Nancy came charging down the hallway.