Ch. 21

____________________________________________________________

WARNING! This chapter has M/M/F threesome, with (Y/n) and Leone having some fun with Lubbock, but no plot so you're free to skip it if you're not into that. It's another character-focused chapter. We'll get back to the plot next time, I promise!

____________________________________________________________

"What the fuck did you say, twerp?!" I shouted, staring Lub down. My face was red with anger as we stood in the middle of the meeting room, with the rest of our team standing around us.

Tatsumi had stepped between us, with his arms outstretched to keep Lub and me apart.

"I could ask you the same thing, jackass!" The leaner boy replied, just as infuriated as I was if not even more so.

"Well, since apparently, you don't know how to listen, I said that it's your fault everything went wrong! And let's be honest, you should be the one taking responsibility since as you said multiple times already... you have seniority over me. So go on, take responsibility for your adorable junior." I grinned at him mockingly.

"Fuck off! What kind of "adorable junior" rides a six-legged dragon through a mansion?! I wouldn't have botched assassinating the target if you had any self-control!"

"That Danger Beast wasn't in the mission briefing! I only went on this mission with my injuries because I thought I would only have to kill a few guards. How else was I supposed to react when they brought that dragon out? And unlike you, Lub, I adapted when the unexpected happened. So I had to kill the target for you!"

"That doesn't mean you get to take my share of the mission payment!"

"Why not?! I did all the work! You were just there to see how cool I was!"

"Enough! Both of you!" Akame shouted, massaging her forehead as she sat in Najenda's usual seat in the back of the room. "You've been going back and forth for twenty minutes..."

"Come on, (Y/n), just let Lub keep his share." Tatsumi chimed in. "It's not like Lub was lazing around. He was just caught off guard and it took him a while to get back on his feet."

"He can keep half of his half." I crossed my arms.

"Oh, screw you!" Lub shouted.

"Urgh...." Akame groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Alright, that's it." Suddenly a transformed Leone lifted Lub and me off the ground. "Hey, Akame! I'm gonna remind these two idiots what good friends they are. So I'll be using the old building behind the base, okay?"

"Thank you, Leone. I'll leave it to you." Akame sighed with relief as she sank into her seat.

"What?! Leone let me go! I'm not a kid, I don't need to learn about the magic of friendship or whatever the hell you have planned."

"Says the guy who doesn't want to share." Leone grinned as she put me down and lead me out of the room.

"(Y/n) may need to go back to primary school, but why do I have to go?!" Lub struggled to escape.

"Because you turned it into an argument. The second you start shouting, you become as unreasonable as him."

There was no talking her out of letting us go so Lub and I followed her without any more debate. Leone seemed to be having fun being appointed the reasonable one here. She was grinning the whole time. I could tell from past experiences with her that she was up to something and soon Lub and I would regret ever getting into this argument.