Untitled Part 6

(Y/n) stands between Tatsumi and Leone as all of Night Raid gathers in the main room at Najenda's command. Their leader is seated in her chair at the end of the room as the team of assassins stand around her in a half-circle.

Najenda: Lubbock. (Y/n). I have a crucial mission for the two of you.

(Y/n)'s (E/c) eyes narrow, wondering if he is still being tested by the group. Lubbock wasn't the most talented physically, and his bad habit of spying on the girls didn't leave much hope for his maturity. But (Y/n) didn't dare think badly of his senior, Lubbock had proven himself a capable fighter with his Imperial Arms, Crosstails and always took missions seriously... Even though he always complained about how it was unfair that he had to kill cute girls on the enemy's side.

Lubbock: Eh?Why just us?

The green-haired boy asks what (Y/n) believed wasn't their place to ask. It was embarrassing how he still felt so nervous in meetings like this but had grown accustomed to killing for a job.

Najenda: Akame, Sheele, and Bulat all have wanted posters and we can't risk our target or his security spotting them and getting him to safety. This mission will be indoors and underground. Not an ideal place for a sniper like Mine. I need Leone to do some more research on a few other targets and I'm sorry Tatsumi, but this mission will be much more difficult than anything we've done since you joined us, and you're still too... um....

She trails off awkwardly, hiding her face behind her hand as she lifts her cigarette from her lips between two fingers.

Leone: Ha! Tatsumi's still too much of a kid to go this time!! Hahahahaha!!

Leone breaks out laughing as she realizes what Najenda was leading to.

Mine: Wow... That's gotta sting, huh? But don't worry Tatsumi, if you work hard and grow up strong, maybe someday, you'll get to go on a big boy mission too.

Everyone tries to stifle their laughter at that, but it's clear they're all forcing themselves from being too loud to hurt Tatsumi's feelings. Even (Y/n) and his little sister, Air can't keep a straight face.

Tatsumi: S-shut up! Come on boss! Why can't I go with them?! If this mission is that dangerous then shouldn't we send as many people as we can?

Najenda: Yes.... But not if they're going to pose a risk to the mission.

Akame: Oof.

Leone: Ouch.

The others all feel slightly uncomfortable from hearing Najenda hit Tatsumi with that reply.

Tatsumi: W-well, who's this super crucial target anyway?!

Najenda: This man, Mauro.

She takes out a picture of a middle-aged man with combed-back black hair with two blonde streaks on the left side.

Najenda: He's one of the Prime Minister's most trusted Ruling Council members. Mauro usually tays safe in the palace, but we've gained intel that proves he leaves the palace once every month to host a certain event. In one week, Mauro will be holding a human auction of captured civilians from recently conquered territories as well as P.O.Ws from the rebellions and Revolutionary Army. Not only the men and women who fought against the Empire, but he's also putting children out to the highest bidder.

Bulat: That bastard! Even if they don't mean to, he's turning soldiers into human traffickers!

Najenda: Yes, the intel said, none of the soldiers know about any of this. They're just following his orders to bring in the survivors from their battles. They're not being paid any bribes so the soldiers are innocent.