Ch. 7

Air roams the front halls of Night Raid's base, in her hands are two lunch boxes as her pink eyes scan the rooms near the entrance. Each empty room earns a downcast look and a pout as Air feels disappointed when she couldn't find her brother. Air wonders where else she may find (Y/n), but her chest tightens as she begins to realize he might have already left on his next mission with Lubbock.

As Air stands between two archways of separate rooms, she spots Leone and Tatsumi walking toward her.

Air: Ah! Leone. Tatsumi. Have either of you seen (Y/n)? I can't find him anywhere.

Leone: Hi Air! No, sorry, I think he and Lub left already for their mission.

Tatsumi: Did (Y/n) really leave without saying anything to you, Air? That doesn't sound like him.

Mine: Well of course he left early.

Mine intrudes on the three with Sheele following close behind her. Her tone is as obnoxious as ever.

Mine: Lub and (Y/n) have to infiltrate the Succession Building, it's one of the most esteemed hotels in the capital, usually only nobles and celebrities stay or meet there. Those two will stick out like sore thumbs in that crowd. I tried to tell the boss that I should have gone with them, if they walked in there with someone as dignified as myself, they could have posed as my bodyguards.

Sheele: But didn't you tell Najenda that if she did let you go, you would leave the mission to (Y/n) and Lub as planned and just go spend the night at the hotel's five-star restaurant?

Mine's proud expression breaks and she turns to Sheele.

Mine: Sheele! Don't tell them that! Geez, you're too blunt sometimes...!

Tatsumi: Oh leave her alone, Mine. I can't believe you wanted to tag along on a mission just to get fancy food.

Leone: Haha! You made the right call by asking though. One time I volunteered for a mission just because it was at a hotspring, but then later, the boss got super mad and beat me up when she found out I delayed killing the target because I lost track of time while drinking sake in the baths.

Leone grins in delight at the bitter sweet memory

Mine: That's completely different! There are hotsprings everywhere. Only the Succession Building has a signature tiramisu that can't be found anywhere else!! Damnit! I bet those boys don't have the slightest idea how to enjoy all of the subtle flavors of a dessert like that!

Tatsumi: They're probably too busy focusing on killing everyone responsible for a human trafficking ring and freeing innocent people from being sold off as slaves.

Air: That's why I wanted to give them these lunchboxes... What if they left on their mission without eating anything?

Mine: Eh? What's that? You know, the four of us are heading out on missions tonight too, right? Where are our lunch boxes?

Mine flashes Air a snide grin.

Air: Y-You are!?

She stutters in a panic,

Air: I... I only have these ready, but I can make more if you guys can wait a few minutes.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes as she offers to make more food for them.

Leone, Sheele, and Tatsumi instantly move to Air's side, seeing how kind and innocent her intentions for her big brother were. Sheele hugs her from the front while Leone and Tatsumi embrace Air from the side with one arm and pet her pink hair in the other hand.