CH. 2

I was still in the tunnel, with Akame and what remained of Bach's burnt and headless corpse.

I left the dojo where I had trained for years because I grew to hate violence, now here I was having just taken another life. But this was it wrong? I had avenged Luna and Fal now I could go back to Air and we could leave this darkness behind us.

Akame: Wait...

I stopped as she called out to me, but then we were interrupted by someone else

Leone: Yo, Akame! What's taken ya so long?!

A familiar voice echoed down the tunnel, making me turn back to confirm my curiosity.

It was Leone, but her body was different. Her blonde hair had grown longer and had two furry ears poking out of the top, her hands were bigger and with claws. A tail sung behind her legs as she walked toward us. It must have been an Imperial Arms.

Leone: Whoa! What happened to this guy?

She tapped Bach's body with her foot.

Leone: Hey wait, I recognize this scent...

She turned her nose up and sniffed the air.

Leone: Ah, it's (Y/n)!

She smiled and pointed at me.

Damn it, of all the Imperial Arms Leone could have had, it had to be something that let her recognize me by scent?!

(Y/n): Geh....

This was bad.

Akame: Hrm? Leone, do you know him?

Leone: Hehe, yeah I do! He's the cute bartender I told you about.

(Y/n): Don't call me "cute"! Ah no, this isn't the time for that...

I perked up hearing her say that about me, but I quickly remembered the situation I was in.

Leone was a regular at my bar, along with dozens of royal guards... Had she been spying on them while drinking this whole time?! Not to mention, how in the hell were these two so calm right now. No, I'm the one who needs to calm down.

Sorry Air, but it looks like it might take a while for me to get back.

Leone: So, what're you doing here, (Y/n)?

I paused, thinking of how much I should say, but after a few seconds, I decided to just be honest. They were Night Raid, after all, if they became suspicious of me, they might decide to kill me. And unfortunately, I was in no shape to take any of them on in a fight right now.

(Y/n): The girl who hired you for this job was my little sister, Air.

Akame looked at Leone and waited for her reaction.

Leone: She... So that was the little sister you were always bragging about, huh? But that doesn't explain how you killed this piece of shit when you don't have any weapons on you.

(Y/n): It was thanks to my Imperial Arms.

I let out a sigh and scratched the back of my head. This was getting annoying, I only came here to avenge Air, Fal, and Luna, and I had done that. I just wanted tonight to be over.

(Y/n): May I go now?

Leone: Heh, you're more fun when we're at the bar, you know that?

She grinned and put her hand on her hips as she walked over to me and then placed a hand on my shoulder.