Part 4- Just Say Yes

Not proofread as always
————-
  You looked up at the helicopter crashing through the ceiling. Shit. Where's Miguel? You started frantically searching around the falling debris coming from the sky. You whipped around to the other Spider-women.
"Guys! We gotta catch that helicopter!"
"Already on it!" Jess shouted as she sped off on her bike and the teen Spider swung off.
You all swung onto the same level of the building. The kid started to spin around under the helicopter leaping from wall to wall, creating a giant web to catch the helicopter. Smart. You leapt in along with her, stringing webs back and forth to create a giant safety net. You finally spotted Miguel, who was perfectly fine, leaping onto the ledge.
As you and the other Spider finished creating the net, you all spread out along the ledge and shot webs at the helicopter, trying to slow it down before it hit the net, and god, was this thing heavy. Even with all of your webs on it, it was super heavy. You groaned loudly, straining to hold the weight. Your feet started to crack the concrete that you were bracing yourself against beneath you. You were gonna be super sore tomorrow.
The helicopters impact slowed finally, right before gently landing against the safety net that did its job, and caught it. You let your webs fall from your grasp, and you fell to the ground in exhaustion. Your arms hurt too bad to take of your mask so you were left gasping for breaths of air. You suddenly realized one of your eye lens had been cracked in the fight. Damn it. Miguel suddenly landed next to you, breathing heavy also. He leaned down next to you, and gently tugged your wrists upwards, lifting you into a sitting position, tearing off your mask.
"Hey! Hey are you alright?" He asked frantically, putting a hand on your cheek.
"My- my mask-it's ruined-," you said weakly reaching for it in his hand.
"It's okay, it's okay sweetheart, I'll fix it. Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
You obviously heard the little nickname he slipped in there, but also ignored that too. You took a deep breath, "yeah-yeah I'm fine. Just gonna be really sore tomorrow."
He sighed in relief, his mask slowly disappearing, his face showing a worried expression. "You scared me. If I hadn't got to you in time back there, the vulture would've had you."
You reached up and grabbed his hand from your face and held his hand in your lap. "I know, I'm sorry, I-"
"No, no it's fine, just-," he sighed, and met your eyes. He just stared at you, and you stared back, still holding his hand. And then, you felt like you were back in his apartment, you and him in the kitchen in the morning before his daughter woke up. Making breakfast together and laughing.
Miguel suddenly looked away and gently moved his hand from your grasp, clearing his throat. He tapped your Diamond pouch. "Just use these more often. I remind you for a reason you know."
And then the old Miguel and the moment was gone. Back to the stressed and overworked guy you've come to know. You sighed before answering him, trying to keep yourself together.
"Yeah- yeah I know you do," you replied, as you gave him a sad smile.
He stared at you. Did he pick up on the crack in your voice. Whoops. You shot your eyes at the ground. You suddenly heard Miguel take a breath as if he was going to say something, but was interrupted by Jess speeding over on her bike.
"The anomaly has been dealt with, I sent him back to his dimension."
Miguel stared at you for another second before turning to Jess. "Great. Thanks."
"Wait- where's the kid?" You asked standing up.
"I don't know, we should probably head back-,"
Miguel started.
"No we need to find her," you pushed.
Miguel sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Y/N, I know where this is headed and I-"
"We could use her! She did well today and you know it," you countered.
"No," Miguel said firmly crossing his arms and giving you a firm stare.
"Is NO all you say?" Jess cut in.
"No-I mean yes- I mean no."
"Miguel," you grabbed his wrist gently. He looked at you. "she's doing it all by herself. One more wouldn't hurt, right?"
He looked away from you and stared hard at he ground.
"Just say yes," you pushed him.
He threw his head back with a sigh before saying, "Yeah-yes, alright fine."
"Yes!" You said excitedly, giving his wrist a squeeze before letting go and heading off to fine the teen Spider.
—————
   You, Miguel, and Jess found her alright, but not how you expected. The girl had removed her mask, with her hands up in front of a policeman with a gun, which you had come to realize was her own father.
"Dad! Would you just listen to me!" She pleaded.
"How long have you been lying to me?" Her Dad asked with a hurt face. She let out a huff of frustration.
"Dad, I need you to just listen to me right now, please. Can't you just be my Dad and not a cop for one second and listen to me? Your daughter?" She was crying now, trying to move closer to him. He stared at her, but realizing she was moving closer, yelled "don't move!"
"Dad!" She tried again.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you-,"
"Dad are you being serious? Are you that afraid of me-," she tried lunging toward him and he shot his gun at the ceiling.
  You suddenly felt Miguel move next to you, tossing one of his hologram cages at the policeman's feet. It enclosed him immediately.
"Dad!" The girl shouted, moving towards him. You ran towards her. While you did that, Miguel and Jess set up a portal to get back to base.
   You grabbed the girls shaking shoulders and turned her towards you. Her blue eyes met yours frantically, as she grappled at you arms.
"Hey- hey it's okay, your okay," you hushed her, trying to calm her down.
"My-my Dad-,"
"He'll be fine. Listen, we can take you to a safe place, where there are tons of others. Just like you- like us," you gestured behind you to Jess and Miguel waiting by the portal. Miguel suddenly tossed a watch at her. She moved her hands and caught it shakily.
"Welcome to the club," he said tiredly.
"I-I don't know- what about-," she stammered.
"Everything will be taken care of. Come on, I'll show you the ropes and everything. What's your name, kid?"
"G-Gwen."
"Nice to meet you Gwen. I'm Y/N. Now come on, let's get you back to base." You said as you gently grabbed her arm. She gave one more desperate look at her Dad, before turning to you and nodding. You gave her a smile as you led her back toward Miguel and Jess.
—————-
A/N
Guys so like I used to be so Anti- Miguel
Like I frankly was annoyed with his ass during the movie
But like now
This is me

 —————-A/NGuys so like I used to be so Anti- MiguelLike I frankly was annoyed with his ass during the movie But like now This is me

I can escape him
And that's how I got sucked in
Anyway
Thanks for reading tehe