22. Hostages & Fancy Cars

“It's still weird when you flirt with me.” You tell him honestly.

“Ah well now I have a legitimate reason to look at your face keenly for a month. Not that I’d need one. Get used to it, shortcake!”

You smile and shake your head at that, looking away from that beautiful man. You start to make a list of materials you'll need on your tablet when he decides to take the pen from you.

“Ooh wait I have an addition to make”

“What is it?”

He takes the tab and scribbles in it, turning it to show you a bullet point he added.

“Stare at my taetae”

“my taetae??” you mock.

“yes honey?”

You scrunch your nose with a mix of disgust and surprise on your face.

“Yeah I think I’d rather be stung by a bee”

“If you're gonna be a brat, we can arrange that too” he smiles earnestly without an ounce of sincerity in his eyes.

Logically, you are supposed to be academic rivals with this man. But clearly that memo didn't make it to the heart since it beats so damn fast when he looks at you. And that damn smirk, like he knows he's causing that spike in your heart rate.

You try your best to concentrate for the remaining 10 minutes of class and think about the awesome lunch hangout you have planned. You're smiling to yourself as you’re texting with Bee about the details and Jimin’s recent texts. That's when Mr. Annoying Kim interrupts again.

“What's got you so happy?”

“Nunya”

“What’s Nunya?”

“NunYaBusiness”

He scoffs with a hint of chuckle. “Really? Second grade comebacks?”

“I have to make it level with your intellectual competence, you know.”

You say with a straight face, and start packing up as the bell rings. He just watches you with a squint and you ignore him, feeling victorious. You wait for the class to clear out and then you take your bag and leave.

As soon as you exit the studio door, you are pulled back inside by your backpack. Not hard enough to fall but you still turn around ready to throw hands.

“It's just me, don't worry” Taehyung says with his hands up in defence.

You sigh and drop your hands. “That is no reason to NOT punch, you know?”

He gasps dramatically, then smiles.

“Come on now, you shouldn't harm the face you have to observe and sculpt.” He gives you a bright boxy smile.

It makes you smile too, it's infectious. You look away to come back to your normal expression then look up at him.

“What do you want, taetae?”

He takes a step towards you. You take a step back. What in the kdrama is this man doing. He smiles innocently.

“I told you yesterday what I want. Also that nickname is cute. I like it.”

“Then I'm not calling you that anymore. It's supposed to annoy you. And I don’t remember so tell me again.”

Another step forward for him, another step back for you.

“Tsk. Put me back on the list.”

“HOW ARE YOU STILL ON ABOUT THAT YOU ABSOLUTE BUFFOON”

Bee is here. Bee has saved you. You laugh immediately, “buffooonn pls-” you hold her hand immediately and she pulls you out of the class.

“Bella stop interrupting us!”

“Then stop holding my girl hostage, stoopid.”

With that you and Bee walk away giggling, leaving an annoyed Taehyung behind. She takes less than a second to distract you.

“Do you know what car our Chim boy drives?” she inquires.

“Hmmm not really, but he did say he'll wait at the gate so I'll just have to find him” you say, walking with her towards the gate.

“Well I asked because I think I found him.” She says, and you follow her line of sight. Whoa. It's a Porsche.

“Holy mother of Jesus” you say under your breath.

Bee turns to you, excited. “You came in a Rolls Royce and you’re leaving in a Porsche. GO GET IT GURL”

Before you can respond to her, you see Jimin's stepping out. No scratch that, everyone sees him.

He’s gorgeous

He’s gorgeous. Ethereal.

You take a deep breath just taking in him walking towards you.

“Be cool, y/n, it's our chimmy we know him it's okay it's just him.”

You try to calm yourself down, but the damage was done as soon as your eyes met his.

He walks up to you and does not hesitate one bit before pulling you in for a hug. Your brain is surprised but your arms wrap around him like muscle memory. You remember Bee is standing right next to you so you pull away.

“Jimin, this is Bella, my friend. And Bella this is Jimin, he’s my best friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Bella” he shakes her hand. She returns the smile.

“Nice to finally meet you too, she's been talking all day about you.”

Jimin’s smile changes from courteous to mischievous. “Is that right?” He looks at you, “What did you tell your friend about me, baby?”

You try your best to not blush as you answer, “I told her you're kinda cute.”
You say with a straight face.

This is when Bee decides to betray you. She mumbles, “I believe the words you used were mind numbingly gorgeous”.

You hear it and before he can even process it you take his hand and start walking towards the car. Turning back to yell “Byee bee I’ll see you tomorrow” and then mouthing “you’re such a bitch” as you smile.

He laces his fingers with your as you're holding hands. “What was she saying?” he asks innocently. “Oh nothing, she just mumbles sometimes it means nothing.”

He opens the door for you and holds your hand till you’re seated, closing the door after you, then going around and getting into his seat. He looks over at you and then smiles. Before you can ask him why, he leans dangerously close. So close you forget to breathe.