New Friends

Bdubs's Perspective-

I didn't know anyone besides Grian and Scar when going into high school.

Well, I knew Etho, but not really.

I looked down at my schedule and smiled weakly.

First period is journalism, let's go try and find that class. I thought as I walked around the huge campus, looking at the numbers at the side of the buildings and back at the map in my hands.

Eventually, I found the class and walked up to it.

I poked my head in and was surprised to see that the desks were put so there were five tables, and instead of having chairs, there were stools.

The seating chart was on the board and I walked up to try and find my name.

Let's see, where am I? Bdubs Clocker...Bdubs Clocker...Ah! There I am! And I'm next to...Daniel Cristine?

I turned around and walked to the table that had the number four on it.

There was one person sitting there, and they looked incredibly nervous.

They had long, white hair that has pastel yellow at the end of it. They also wore a Rilakkuma hoodie and jeans. They were also very short.

"Er- hi." I said, smiling nervously, "Are you Daniel?"

They winced a bit. "I- I actually prefer Skylar."

"Oh! Okay!" I smiled, sitting down next to them.

They eyed me specially.

"Yeah?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You don't care?"

"Don't care about what?"

"Don't care about the fact my name is Daniel, yet I have long hair, a girl name, and she/her pronouns."

"Oh...no I don't care." I said, shrugging, "Me and my brother are both a part of that community so...yeah."

"Oh! Cool!" She smiled, "So what do you identify as?"

"Uh- me and my brother are both gay. You?"

"Trans female and pan!"

I nodded and the teacher then clapped her hands.

"Welcome class!" She smiled, "I am Ms. K, and I will be teaching you all journalism! But today is just an easy, get to know you, day."

She then passed out a 'quiz' where she asked us simple questions about ourselves.

At the end of class, me and Skylar split up.

She had P.E while I went to Spanish.

I saw Etho there, but he was talking with someone else.

I didn't talk to anyone else until biology.

Skylar was there again, but this time I was sitting next to a guy named Doc.

He looked kind of stern and freaky with his robotic arm, but in all honesty, he was very nice.

He even invited me to sit with him and his friends at lunch!

So me and Skylar sat with a group of about eight people.

We all sat outside, four of us on a bench and four of us on the ground.

There was me, Skylar, Doc, a girl with curly ginger hair named Cleo, Etho, a guy with dog ears and a dog tail named Ren, a guy with a white hoodie and had dark blue hair named Jevin, and a guy with red and black checkered flannel and a white shirt on named Keralis.

They were all very nice and funny.

Well,

all of them but Etho.

He seemed...out of it.

"Hey Etho!" I smiled, walking up to Etho as the bell rang.

Etho raised an eyebrow.

Guess I'll take that as a hello. I thought before continuing our conversation.

"What class are you going to?" I asked.

"Geometry."

"Me to!" I smiled and Etho just nodded.

"Hey...you alright?" I asked and Etho shrugged.

"Sure."

I rolled my eyes, "Wow. Great response."

Etho chuckled lightly, "I- I don't really know..."

"What's up?"

"The sky." Etho said, smirking and pointing up at the sky.

"Oh, shut up!" I shouted, playfully shoving him.

He laughed, "You asked a stupid question, you get a stupid answer!"

I giggled; a bit surprised at how funny Etho could be when he runs off as such a cold guy.

We continued to talk, the original subject about his feelings slipping my mind as we joked around.

Maybe he's not as bad as I thought.