Chapter 27

Bry's PoV II

"Stop torturing yourself, Rex," Ethan was so mad. "If you wanted go back, just go. You are making yourself pitiful."

"I can't." I whispered. I just can't.

It's been a year ever since I left the country. I haven't heard anything about her. The company was not the same anymore, we thought we could sort it out right away but the problem just became bigger. After what happened between the company and the permit problem, we've lost a lot of investors. Ethan and I were both lost, we have our own battle to win.

"If you wanted to be better, start overcoming your trauma. You can't do anything by just sitting in your table, Rex." Cohen suggested.

Cohen was right. After so many realization, I started attending rehab again. I started seeing my doctor for my psychological problems. And I tried overcoming my trauma on driving cars. I started doing all this things to make myself better first. So if ever I could present myself again to her, It would be more different. The process wasn't that easy. But I have to keep going. For her. I have to work and at the same time taking good care of myself is a must.

"Have you heard?" Ethan asked me. I know he will talk about the engagement news of Xiomora and Chester. It was on the magazine last week but I didn't read it.

"Are you sure na hindi ka pa babalik? You might lose the chance." He asked me again.

"Not yet." I told him the same answer  from last year. Not yet. Kahit na sobrang sakit na para saakin kasi anytime she can get married, pero wala pa akong mukhang maihaharap. I can't even fix myself.

Bakit ganito? Ako yung hindi pumili sayo, ako yung pumiling iwan ka at unahin ang sarili ko, pero bakit pakiramdam ko ako yung iniwan?

I started begging to God to make me feel better everyday. I still had nightmares and I can't stand being alone without doing something. I stared at my face in the mirror with so much regret. Tears started streaming down my face when I realized how coward I am for the past years. I cried so hard every night, thinking how wrong it was for me to leave just like that. Just like that! I should have tried harder pero pinangunahan ako ng takot at problema.

Why do I have to experience this kind of pain? Pain of guilt, pain of losing someone, pain of losing someone again.

Four years had past, and I became better. Not half, but fully. I did it. I made it, Xiomora. I focused on overcoming my psychological problems that caused me from sleeping uncomfortably. With the help of my doctor, I can't see myself having a hard time on sleeping again. I don't get nightmares anymore and I can drive cars again without problems. The company is also getting better day by day. It's getting on top again like it used to be.

"Hindi ko alam kung inaayonan kalang ng tadhana bro, akalain mo, it's almost five years ever since she got engaged. Yet, wala paring kasalang nagaganap." Cohen said dramatically, giving me hopes.

"Might be." I uttered. I'm packing my things to finally go back from my country. I am ready.

Kakatapos lang din ng residency ni Ethan at naisipan niya na agad na bumalik sa Pinas. He is now a licensed doctor. After making me buy all of the shares in Laurel, he was planning to get the vice president position inside Laurel so he could be close to his Doctora. I'm also planning to find Xiomora and make up with her, I know that wouldn't be easy right now that she's engaged, but I won't lose this chance now that I can present myself even better.