11.

Songs for this chapter:
-sucker by the Jonas Brothers
-stars by Alessia Cara

Mara's POV

I was woken up to the empty spot on my bed that should have been where Kuroo was sleeping. "What is that chicken up to" I said as I sat up in bed and stretched before removing the blankets off me and getting out of bed. As soon as I walked out of the room I was hit with the sweet aroma of waffles. "Good morning babe, we made waffles for you" Kuroo said as I walked into the kitchen and got my morning kiss from Kuroo. "Hi Salem, how did you sleep baby girl" I said as I ruffled her bed head. "We have to be quick if we are going to be to graduation practice on time" Kuroo said as he handed me a cup of coffee and a plate of waffles. "Ok" I said as I shoved a forkful of waffles into my mouth.

"Lucky girl, you are going to be coming with mommy and daddy to graduation practice" I said as I removed her from her high chair and took her upstairs to get ready to go. "We gotta make you look really cute Salem Faye" I said as I sat her on the floor with some toys while I went to figure out her outfit. "How about this outfit baby girl?" I said as I held up a black romper with little white skulls on it. "Na" she spat as she shook her head. "This is cute, how about this one" I said as I showed her a '#1 Nekoma fan' shirt. "Ya" Salem said as she clapped her hands. "Let's pair it with black shorts" I said as I pulled a pair out of the dresser. "Now mommy needs an outfit to wear" I said as I walked to me and Kuroo's closet and started looking through it.

"This is pretty, don't you agree sweetie" I said as I pulled out a black shirt that said Professional Kuroo Fangirl on the front in big white letters, it was a graduation gift that I had received from the team. "We should definitely pair it with some black ripped jeans" I said as I smiled at Salem. I got us both dressed and put 2 black bows in Salem's hair. "Don't you guys look pretty" Kuroo said as he walked into the room and started to get dressed. "Tank dada" Salem said as she got up and toddled over to Kuroo so he could lift her up. "You are so welcome Tiny, I promise to keep complimenting you and mama as long as I live" Kuroo said as he kissed her cheek. I couldn't help but smile at him while he interacted with my daughter, he was truly the person who I couldn't imagine ever living life without.

"I am almost ready to go, how about you two" Kuroo asked as he pulled his shirt over his head. "I'm almost done packing her bag and then I think we are good to go" I said as I stuck a spare outfit for Salem in the bag. "Docs" Salem said as she toddled over with her mini pair of black docs in her hands. "Yeah, let's put your shoes on tiny" I said as I got some socks from her dresser and started to put them on her feet. "We should all wear our docs, we could all match" Kuroo said as he got ours out of the closet. "Good idea babe" I said as I tied her shoes. "Haven't you realized that I am full of those yet" he said as he put his own shoes on before he handed me mine. "Thank you dada" I said as I looked over and smiled at him.

"Mama's turn to get her shoes on" I said to my daughter as I pulled my own socks on and started to lace up my docs and tie them. "Mama pretty" Salem said as she came over to me and gave me a hug. "Glad you agree with daddy" Kuroo said with a laugh. "Let's go sweet girl" I said as I picked her up while Kuroo handled the bag. "Let's get a move on" I said as I handed him his car keys. "Vroom" Salem squealed as she pointed at Kuroo's truck. "That is daddy's vroom" I said as I opened the cab door and started to buckle the squirming 1 year old into her seat. "Go easy on mommy, sh does a lot for you so you should be nice to her" Kuroo said as he sat the bag on the seat next to Salem's car seat.

Kuroo's POV

Mars had the aux playing before we even got out of the driveway. "Up up" Salem yelled from the back seat as Devil town by Cavetown started playing. "Ok, settle down, I'm turning it up" Mara said as she turned up the volume. "I'm glad she received our taste in good music and we don't have to listen to kiddie bullshit all the time" Mara said as I nodded my head to the  beat of the music. "Likewise, I would wonder how and where we failed as a parent" I said as I pulled into the parking lot of the university where graduation practice was being held. "Out we go" I said as I opened the car door and hopped out so I could unbuckle Salem. "Ready to go bug" I said as I pulled her out of the car and closed the car door behind us.