20.

Songs for this chapter:
-peace and love by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
-wings by Jonas Brothers
-I love it by Iconapop

Mara's POV

1 week later

"Mara it's me" Arina yelled as I heard my front door open. "Hey" I said as I walked downstairs with a twin under each of my arms and Salem gripping my leg. "Is Kuroo not home?" Arina asked me as she took a baby from me. "No, he's at a lecture and I need to go to my own class" I said as her eyes picked up on the black splotches in Ezra's hair. "What happened bubba" Arina asked as she kissed his head. "Telling Auntie what you did?" I said to Salem as I looked down at her. "Mommy's hair dye" Salem said as she smiled proudly. "Don't be proud, you were bad" I said as I scolded her. "Anyway I need to go to my class, I love you" I said as I kissed my children and handed Nova to my sister before walking out the door and getting in my car. "They'll be fine" I said as I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the university to attend my class. "Hey Mara" I said as I took my seat as my notes partner greeted me with a smile and hug.

"Alright guys, let's get started" the professor said as he stood at the front and started teaching. "Did you catch that" My friend asked as I showed her my notes. "Yeah, here" I said as I pointed to what she missed. "Thanks Mara" she said as she smiled at me as we continued to listen to the conversation. "The one thing you need to know about sports law is to never back down, they are paying you to be harsh and protect them from scandal, not be a friend to the people you are defending them from" my professor said as I took a note of his advice. "Say a former player has been accused of physically assaulting someone, what's the first question you ask?" He asked the class, everyone just sat silently. "Mara, what's the first thing you do" he asked me as I flipped throw my notes. "You ask the accuser to provide evidence of the alleged assault" I said with a smile. "Correct" he said as he wrote my answer on the board. I couldn't help but smile at my victory, I still enjoyed getting an answer correct. "Good job" my friend said as I smiled wider.

"That is all for today, thank you" the teacher said as I gathered my things and walked out to my car. "Hey Mara, do you wanna study with me?" My classmate Marla said as she ran up to me. "Sure, give me your phone and I'll type in my address" I said as I was handed her phone. "There you go" I said as I got into my car and drove off to my house. "Hey Siri, call Kuroo" I said as my phone dialed up my fiancé. "Hey baby, what do I owe the pleasure" he asked me as he answered the phone. "I am having a study partner over, can you keep the kids under control while Marla is here" I asked as I turned on our street. "Yeah, I'm on my way home now" he said as I pulled into the driveway and got out of the car. "Hey, just to warn you that I actually have 3 kids, I promise they won't bother us" I told Marla as we walked in the door. "If they are that not an issue" Marla said as Salem came running out to greet me and gave me a huge hug.

"Hi baby" I said as I picked up the almost 2 year old. "Who that mommy?" She asked as she pointed at Marla. "This is mommy's friend Marla, she's helping mommy with school, daddy should be home soon" I said as I kissed her head and sat her down as the twins came into the room in their walkers. "Hi guys, where's Auntie" I asked them as Arina came in the room. "Your kids are wild" she huffed as she sat down on the couch. "Arina, this is my classmate Marla. You should head home to your own house and kid" I said as she hugged me and went home.

"Here let's keep you out of trouble" I said as I took the twins out of the walkers and put them in a pack 'n' play in the dining room with us. "Salem come sit with mommy" I yelled out as my toddler came in the room and sat on my lap. "Why don't you color while mommy studies" I said as I got up with her and got a coloring book with some crayons before sitting back down at the table. "Let's study" I said as I quizzed her while my daughter sat down on my lap. "Correct" I said as the door opened to reveal my Fiancé. "Mara, I'm home" Kuroo said as he kissed my cheek and Salem's head. "Welcome home, Kuroo this is Marla" I said as Marla waved at him. "Nice to meet you" he said as he took Salem and her coloring book out of the dining room. "What are your kid's names" Marla asked as we compared notes. "Salem is my oldest daughter is from a previous relationship, she's 2" I said as I wrote down something I must have missed in class.