~TWENTY~

I heard a knocking on the door. I stopped the record from playing the music.

"Dallas! You get that!" I yelled from my room to him.

"I'm busy!" He yelled.

I sighed as I got up and walked down the stairs to the door.

"Hey." Soda said to me as I opened the door.

"Hi Soda" I said looking down. I was still sad about earlier

"Can we just talk?" He asked me.

"What is it?" I asked looking back up at him with a annoyed expression

" I'm really sorry about Sandy and everything I said to you after you punched her. I really hope you forgive me." He said with sorrowful eyes.

I thought for a second. "Sure Soda. I'll forgive you." I said with a smile. He's face lit up as he picked me up and spun me around in his hug.

He pecked my lips with his.

"Can you show me your new house?" He asked me.

"Of coarse!"I said as I brought him into the house

After I showed him around he told me he had to go back home to finish something up.

I decided to just hang out with Dally a bit. We sat on the couch watching a movie. We shared a pack of cancer sticks as we ate popcorn.

"Hey we gotta run to the Curtis's real quick" he said to me once the movie was over.

"Okay? Why" I asked

"They uh left town and we have to make sure they turned stuff off like the stove and lights." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. Soda never said they were leaving. "Okay, bye" I said then taking a long drag on my cigarette.

"No just come with me" he said.

"Why? I don't want to go. I'm comfy." I said snuggling deeper into the couch looking back at the tv starting to watch the new movie that popped on.

"Come on I'll get you ice cream or some shit after" he said.
I jumped up from the couch and ran to the door.

"Ready!" I said with a big smile.

" what ever just go." Dallas said laughing a little shoving me out the door.

We got to his car and drove to the Curtis's.

"If they left why is there car in the drive way?" I asked suspiciously. We pulled into the drive way.

"They took a cab." He said.

We walked up to the front porch. "Oh hey sorry can you grab my water from the car?"

"Dallas just grab some from in there" I said pointing to the house.

"Just go get it!" He said shooing me to the car with his arm.

I rolled my eyes and went back to the car. I grabbed his cup from the cup holder and jogged back to the house. The windows were dark as I walked threw the door. I stepped threw and flipped the lights on.

"Surprise!!" The gang popped out from the dark. Confetti flew around me as the gang surrounded me.

I smiled at the house decorations like the big sign that said "happy 17th birthday"

"Aww thanks guys that's really sweet of you, but I don't like birthdays." I said.

"Oh come on!" Steve said laughing "you've never spent a birthday with us! That's why you don't like 'em!" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I laughed awkwardly. "I think this will make it better." Two said pulling a pack a beer from behind him.

My eyes widened. "maybe this won't be too bad."
I looked at Dally with pleading eyes.
"No, I don't think you should have alcohol." He told me.

I shrugged and smiled as I took a can from Two. I flipped my switchblade open and poked a hole at the bottom, held it up to my mouth, and opened the top. I chugged the beer as it spilled into my mouth.

"Chug chug chug!" The gang cheered as I finished the beer and threw it ti the ground. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

Music was blasting threw the house as we drank and smoked. Poor Pony. Darry didn't let Pony even touch a drop of the beer so he just hang out with Johnny in the corner smokin up a storm.

Steve eventually pulled out a cake that just ended up being smashed into each others faces, but mostly mine.

I was on my sixth beer so I was pretty tipsy.

"Heyyyy Sodaa!" I said coming close up to him. My hands ran across his chest as I looked up at him.

"Delaney how many drinks have you had?" Soda asked me.

"Not enough!" I said slapping his chest lightly. I started laughing.

"Hey can we go up to your room?" I said bitting my lip seductively.

"Yeah your going to sleep." He said bringing me up the stairs to his room.

"No silly not to sleep!" I said smirking. I shut the door behind us and climbed onto his bed. He sat next to me. I swung my leg over him and sat on his lap. I slowly started kissing him. My hands ran up his shirt until he pushed me away.

"Hey" I said pulling away. I was annoyed that he pushed me away.

"No hey, you need to sleep." He said.

"You need to sleep!" I said putting my finger on his chest, laughing. I fell backwards onto the bed. I layed on his pillow and spread out taking up the whole bed. He took off his shirt and layed down next to me. He had to push my leg over so he could fit on the bed. And with in one minute I was sound asleep.