Chapter one: Change

Author note/disclaimer: this is a pure work of fiction! No disrespect is meant and I do not personally know anyone connected to the youtubers featured in this nor the youtubers them selves! Also the rights to Naruto belong to Masashi Kishimoto. There well be mention of violence and swearing. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream's perspective:

The sound of waves crashing against the shore of the small island village filled Dream's ears. He looked out into the distance, but all he could see was the vail of never ending mist that hung around his pitiful village like how rust covered a blade. Dream wondered if he was staring off towards the main land, or if he was staring out into the infinite void of water. Dream pondered just how far he could get if he started swimming. How far he'd get before his arms gave out and his lungs began to fill with water. Most people wouldn't think such depressing thoughts, but Dream was different. He often wondered if the pain of death would be better then having to remain in this wretched village.

As if on cue, he heard the arguing. The two people arguing reminding Dream the reason why he choose to remain in the Hidden Mist village in the first place. He turned around and glanced at his two best friends through his mask. Sapnap and BadBoyHalo were playfully squabbling with each other. The three of them were the same age, all three were in the ninja academy, but had met long before entering the academy. They had met when they were kids. Sharing the fact their family's were not originally from the mist, and as a result their family's were treated like trash. After a particularly bad civil war had broken out (Something that was rather common within their village) the three had to lean on each other after being orphaned.

Dream was brought out of his thought by Bad laughing, "Come one Sap, there's no way someone like you could ever afford something like that." "No I'm serious, one of these days I'm going to buy a nice big house, it'll be stuffed with junk food. I won't have to worry or stress out about anything... and maybe if your lucky I'll let you and Dream move in with me, you know like my servants." Sapnap said shrugging, obviously joking by the wide smile on his face.

While Bad was laughing and rolling his eyes, Dream couldn't help but frown from behind his mask. He looked at his friends and sighed. Bad and Sapnap were still wearing the same outfits they were wearing when he left early that morning in order to come to the shore. They were also the same outfits the two boys had be wearing since a month ago. Bad was wearing a long sleeved grey hoodie that was a bit too small for him. It was ratty and had holes in it. His shorts were tattered and worn too. His hair was short and messy.

Sapnap had on a dirty tank top that looked absolutely filthy. His shorts were also dirty and tatters, and the hat he wore had holes in it, and looked like it had seen better days. Sapnap kept his hair super short and had to cut it with an old kunai they had found.

It pained Dream terrible to see his friends dressed like that. They didn't deserve it one bit. When he heard his two best friends stomachs growl he felt his blood go cold. He knew it had been a while since the three of them had eaten, however he couldn't remember exactly when the last time they had ate was. Forcing down the anger he held towards the village he lived in for reducing his friends and himself to such a state he stood up. "What are the two of you doing here? You know I come here to think."

Sapnap shrugged, "Oh nothing important, just you know... our graduation from the academy is today." Dream frowned again, he had been purposely avoiding the subject of graduation. Graduation meant he and his friends would be put into four man teams, three Genin and one Jōnin sensei. However the odds of Dream and his best friends being put on the same team was not where Dream would prefer. He was scared of his two best friends being put under the command of a cruel sensei who would use them as shields or sit back and let them die. The thought of loosing the only two people close and dear to him made Dream shiver. Once again however he was brought out of his dark thoughts by Sapnap and Bad both placing a hand on his shoulders.