CHAPTER TWO

~⟡~

"Wah!"

I let myself flop in a very large bed, it was so soft that I no longer want to get up to at least wash up and change into my night clothes.

I just got married, but why do I feel so drained?

"Getting married is a big task." quietly I yawned.

Laying on the soft mattress, I looked at the golden ring that was hugging my finger, it was simple yet very shiny.

The Duke...

He wasn't able to eat with me in the afternoon. There was a man in a military uniform who talked to him. They were talking very quietly that I couldn't hear.

Not that I am interested.

But they're dark and serious aura, so assuming that it must be confidential and important.

"I will head out first, your food will be in our room."

That was the only thing he said before leaving.

I was guided by the head butler, Oliver.

"I see that the Lady have already awaken."

My eyes instantly widen as soon as I heard a voice. Hurriedly I jolt my way up from the bed.

"O-Oh... I'm sorry"

A woman in a maid's clothes bowed and stopped me from further movements.

"Forgive me for startling you, My Lady." she she smiled.

"I am here to check if you want to have dinner first before going back to sleep..."

Puzzled I rubbed my eye and only gave her a smile. "I-It's dinner time already?"

"Sorry, I must've slept in"

"How long have I've been asleep?" I asked, now fixing myself in the bed.

The maid smiled and answered. "You have been sleeping for seven hours, My Lady."

Seven hours?!!

My eyes constantly widen after that realization. Feeling a bit embarrassed I rub the back of my neck and looked away.

I heard the maid slightly chuckle. "The Lady must be so tired, but not worry for we have prepared all the things you will be needing."

"The dinner is ready for you, My Lady." she held out her hands and opened the door for me.

I only thanked and followed her to a big dinner room.

Just like this afternoon, I was still awe at the interior of the mansion.

Taking a seat on a big long table, foods were serve and it all looked delicious.

"Umm..." I hesitated.

"Is the food not your liking, My Lady?" Oliver asked.

In panic, I waved both of my hands and stopping him and the maids.

"I-It's not that!"

But they moved away and bowed.

"Is there something you wish, My Lady?" he asked in a polite way.

I was still hesitant.

But I slightly puffed my cheeks and asked.

"Is His Excellency..." I stated. "Has he eaten?"