CHAPTER SIX

~⟡~

"You are a disgrace!"

"Papa-"

A hard slap echoed through the room, silencing everyone including the maids and butlers.

"How dare you turn down a Duke's offer, Shinobu?!"

Quietly I kneeled there in front of my father, not be able to listen to the harsh he was throwing at me.

I cannot hear a single thing he was saying, my cheeks was numb and it was burning as I force myself not to cry...

"Have you not learnt anything from your older sister?!"

I have...

"Are you that brainless?!"

Hearing it out loud, I felt a hard thing in the side of my head assuming that it was his walking stick.

Lightly it have flog the top of my head as he declaim the word 'brainless' countless times.

I cannot do anything but to accept it in silent.

"Didn't I warned you already!"

"Tsk!"

Hearing his footstep getting a little far from me, I have sighed to myself... not feeling any relief.

"Douma, one of the most influential and dominant count across the capital..."

"And you, one of the daughters of the Kocho Family- turned down his hand in marriage!"

"To add to that, the news have already spread throughout the kingdom!"

"You are brainless!! And I don't have a brainless daughter!"

Tears.

Slowly falling to the side of my cheeks, as I felt a whoosh to my side before his walking stick went straight to the glass window, creating a loud and clashing sound.

"I-I'm s-sorry, Father... For-give me!"  I cried and plead.

"Our family's reputation, Shinobu!"

"Did you not think of that? Rumors have already spread that our family- THE KOCHO FAMILY IS BURIED IN DEPTS!"

"Father-"

"I am doing everything I can that I have already marry off your sister to what?! To a desperate duke! Who is actually a what?! I LIE!"

"A BARON! A FUCKING BARON!" he yelled with anger.

"I put my faith on you because I thought you know better!... the only one I could trust! BUT NO!"

"You just kept on adding more fuel to the fire!!"

"YOU ARE USELESS!"

Yes, I know...

"YOU ARE ALL USELESS JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!!"

With that, I have felt a sting in my head... not only to feel that my father already put his hand in my hair and forcingly make me face him.

"From now on, Shinobu... I will be the one who will choose who you will be marrying!"

His hand tighten making me flinch and squint my eyes closed.

"Do you understand?!"