𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | reunion

"I think that's all of the boxes," Marinette stated as she placed the final box down on the floor. She looked around at her new apartment in Paris, looking excited and pleased with herself. "I'm glad that Elizabeth is still allowing me to work for her, with this big move and all. Thank god I work from home!" 

"Yes, this worked out perfectly, Marinette." Tikki replied, smiling. Marinette grinned back, but then her face changed.

"So, when am I.. meeting Chat?" She asked. Marinette had been thinking about this ever since Tikki came back. How would their first interaction go? What words would be shared? It was all a mystery to her.

"Well, whenever you'd like I guess. You both have your miraculous now, so you can text him on your yoyo." Tikki advised.

"I guess so.. oh my gosh, I'm just so nervous! I'm sure he's mad at me." Marinette sighed. Things definitely weren't the same between them, but who knows? Maybe with all the time they have spent apart since then, there has been enough room to forgive and forget.

"I mean, I would be too.." Tikki started, but Marinette just turned to look at her and made a face.

"Not helping," Marinette mentioned, "Why did I have to ghost him?" 

"You did what you had to do, and things are okay now because of it. He'd understand if he knew." Tikki consoled.

"I guess so." Marinette took a deep breath, "Alright, then. Let's get this over with. Tikki, spots on!" Marinette transformed into her old self again, with the bright red and black suit and mask on and her yoyo. She took the yoyo and scrolled through the phone and found Chat's number. She pressed on it and sent a quick text.

"Meet me at the Eiffel tower tonight at 8:30pm."

Marinette winced for a slight second and hesitated before hitting send.

•★★★•

"And I still look incredibly hot in this suit," Adrien said while grinning. He was trying out his suit in his new Penthouse in Paris. Suddenly, his stick buzzed. He turned his head to look at it and saw.. a text. From ladybug.

"She wants me to meet her at the Eiffel tower at 8:30!" Adrien exclaimed. He had a slight smile on his face for a split second, but it quickly faded. "Claws in." With that, Adrien de-transformed and Plagg appeared. Adrien didn't pay any attention to Plagg, though, and just started to pace around the room with the image of the text from Ladybug circling in his head.

"Chill out, Adrien." Plagg instructed, rolling his eyes.

"Chill out? I didn't expect to have to meet her so soon. God.." Adrien rubbed his eyes with his right hand and just sighed.

"Just give the girl some camembert and all will be resolved." Plagg smirked, throwing up a piece of cheese and catching it with his mouth.

"But it's not even my fault! Why should I say sorry?" Adrien sat down on a chair and slumped into it. He was so annoyed at the whole situation. But he knew that it was all for the safety of Parisians. But then, he stood right back up.

"C'mon," He said, gesturing to Plagg.

"C'mon.. where?" Plagg questioned.

Adrien grabbed his phone off the kitchen counter, "We're going for a walk."

•★★★•

Marinette rang the doorbell of an oh-so-familiar apartment, touching her hair as she waited for the door to open. Soon enough, it did, and out came the person she was hoping for.