𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | master

ADRIEN comes back into the room, clutching his phone tightly in his right hand. He looks at Marinette, who's still watching the movie with everyone else. They all don't seem to notice his presence, as Adrien's able to just continue looking at the love of his life in shock.

"Um, sorry guys, I need to go. It's a work thing." Adrien fidgets with his phone, "Let's do this again sometime, okay? Mari, I'll come by later to pick you up." With that, he turns around, rushing out the cafe door and into his car.

Of course, this wasn't because of work. He was the CEO; he didn't have to go to work if he didn't want to. Adrien hopped into his car and rushed to the next destination.

As soon as he arrived, he dashed into the building, "Master Fu, please, I need to talk to you."

"Oh, Adrien." Master Fu says, turning to face him, "Please, come sit."

"Thank you," he says, quickly sitting down on the ground across from Master Fu.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" He asks, wondering.

"I know Marinette is Ladybug."

Master Fu looks at Adrien, definitely shocked, at a loss for words. But then, he sighs, "It was about time you figured it out. Now that you know, I guess you're looking for answers." He says in his wise voice. The blond nods his head yes.

"Well, let's start at the beginning; Or the end, perhaps. When you guys defeated Hawk Moth, Marinette was definitely afraid of revealing her identity to you. She knew that Gabriel didn't want her to reveal it because he knew that you two would end up together, and he didn't want that kind of future for you. She also had that ridiculous 'threat' lingering in the back of her head, so she couldn't risk it."

"That's it? That's the only reason why?" Adrien said.

"I suppose that she may have also been scared to reveal her identity as well. I mean, you're Adrien Agreste, this perfect model boy that she had always known. That had to strike some set of nerves with her, thinking that she would have to reveal her identity to you. What if you were disappointed? What if you wanted to cut off contact?"

"So.. her saying that she 'can't' date me was just because I was Chat Noir?"

"Precisely."

Adrien sat there, thinking about all the information he just gathered. He wasn't disappointed that it was her. Of course it was her. He was just.. shocked.

"Um, also.. I know I should've told you this earlier, Master Fu, but I've been investigating Shadow Moth's identity. And I haven't really found anything yet, but I've discovered that something is in the works for Marinette." Adrien mentions biting his tongue.

"Oh, oh no.. Marinette is in grave danger. Do you think you can make some sort of move on Shadow Moth to stop this from happening?" Master Fu responds, a worried look on his face.

".. Yes. I do."

•★★★•

Adrien exits his car and walks into the cafe for the second time that day, wiping his hands on his pants and breathing in and out. He opens the door, the bell sounding, and heads to the other room to meet his friends.. and girlfriend.

"Adrien!" Marinette yelps as soon as she sees him, "You're here. I'm glad your work didn't take too long."

"Yeah, it ended earlier than I thought it would. Is there still some of the movie left?" He asked, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend and walking towards their friends.

"Just enough." Marinette replies, smiling. She looks at Adrien like he truly is the love of her life.

And he returns the same glance.

-

this is another short, shit chapter but the next one is gonna be SO MUCH BETTER I SWEAR!! it's going to be a major chapter and one of the longest i think, so get ready: