3

Nothing quite like leaving your earphones in your car is there? Dad has 2 offices in London. One in Kings Cross and one in The City. Being able to park in Kings Cross and get the tube to the second office when I needed to be there saved me spending an hour in rush hour traffic but it was unbearable without some form of entertainment. Being squished between all these germy, sweaty bodies was killing me. I hated the tube at rush hour. There was no air down here. Just hot and dank.

The positive behind it though was standing beside guys like this. Tall, light stubble as if he didn't shave this morning but definitely did last night. Messy dark hair, the kind that didn't look styled but he definitely had to probably used a hair dryer to get that flawless little flip. His shoulder brushed against me, causing him to look down and I swear, if there was any air down her to take, he stole it from me. The smallest hint of a smile before looking back at the platform edge. He had this hint of bad boy energy about him. Hoodie hidden under a worn denim jacket; tatty hat pulled on backwards. I was not ashamed to be checking him out so openly. Hell, if there was space, I'd be snapping a picture to send to the girls because I was drooling over this perfect man.

I needed locking in a cage.

The train approached and he took his hands out of his pocket before looking down at me again, this time a smirk was evident and I could feel an involuntary blush creeping up my neck and across my cheeks. The next thing I knew, his hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me close and pushing his way into the carriage, dragging me along with him so I wasn't left behind. A sweet gesture for rush hour London, a little creepy to be touching me without saying a word, but we'll let hot boy get away with it this time.

He let go of me inside the train as soon as I grabbed the handrail. It continued to fill up, people piling in until everyone was body pressed on body, including my chest pressed against this total strangers. Wearing pants today was a great shout Tori. Well done babe.

"Close quarters."

"I feel like a sardine." He chuckled. "Thanks for um- helping me on." God he had to be at least 6 foot 2. Not a full foot taller than me but if I wasn't wearing these heels and tilting my head back I'd 100% be dead centre of his chest. I hate when guys wear hoodies. It hides everything. Listen to me, I sound like a man complaining about a girl not showing her tits off. Be a little more hypocritical Tori. I'm sure you can if you try.

"No problem. You'd have just melted into the crowd and gotten trodden on. I think I did the city a favour in not causing a murder and delaying all the trains."

"Oh, I get it, because I'm short." I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled. "You're not exactly 6 foot 7 either Ace."

"I'm a hell of a lot closer than you are."

"Is this your way of chatting a girl up because it's not going great. Maybe I should give you some pointers."

"I wasn't intending on chatting you up but now I'm kind of curious about your tutorial on how to get you." I snickered at him, holding onto the bar a little tighter as we turned a corner and I nearly slipped. His arm went back around me and I had to remind myself we were in public.

"I'm not someone who can be 'got'."

"Hm. Seems like it." His fingers pressed into my hips and my cheeks burned. "What are the pointers then? How do I get off this train with your number in my phone?"

"You think I'd give my number to a total stranger?"

"A total stranger who's holding you up on a packed train so you don't face plant some other stranger. One who also helped make sure you're not late for work. I might have saved your job today."

"I highly doubt my dad would fire me for being 10 minutes late."

"Oh, daddy's girl are we?" I gagged, making him chuckle. "What's your name?"

"Willow."

"Pretty. Not just the name."

"Well, aren't you sweet Ace."

"I am." He nodded, that smile on half his lips gave him these super puffy cheeks that I needed to squeeze so bad. Dimples barely visible but I knew they were there. "Asher."

"Hm?"

"My name. Asher. But you can call me whenever you want."

"That was the cheesiest pick-up line I've ever heard in my entire life."

"You've had many?"

"Are you kidding? I live in London and I'm out most weekends. Friday night I had someone tell me to call them Colgate because 9 out of 10 dentists recommend me putting them in my mouth." He laughed so hard; the entire carriage was now staring at us. I must admit, I still don't know how I managed to keep myself calm when I was told that. I should have sucked the guy off in bathroom just for the imagination behind it. Looking back on it now, it was hilarious but in the moment, he wasn't who I was wanting.

"I am using that one next time."

"I hope it brings you more luck than he had."

"It didn't work?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Did you take the dentists recommendations?"

"No. I did not unlucky for him." He nodded, kind of looking disappointed. I wasn't telling him what else I got up to. It was none of his business.

"Where are you getting off?"

"Cannon Street." He nodded slowly. "You?"

"Blackfriars." I use Blackfriars for the other office with Mark. It wasn't the worst station in the world.

"Fancy."

"I don't think you can call any tube station fancy Willow."

"Wrong. Gants Hill, Canary Wharf, Kings Cross, Gloucester Road-"

"Okay, okay, okay. Maybe there's a few." He snickered. "I haven't seen you on this line before. You new?"

"Hell no." I chuckled at him, the train emptying enough for me to be able to step back but he didn't let go and I wasn't going to make him. "I'm earlier today. Have some extra stuff to do at this office. Normally I don't come over this way until after lunch."

"2 offices? Who is your dad?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Yes. I really would, that along with your number."

"Well, you're not getting either Ace."

"Why not?"

"I'm the next stop."

"So, give me your number now. Or at least tell me your surname so I can track you down online."

"I don't use socials." He raised an eyebrow and I patted his chest gently, standing up as the train pulled to a halt where I needed to get off. "Thanks again Ace."

"Tomorrow?"

"Depends if I have things to do."

"Make things!" He called after me and I chuckled, stepping onto the platform, not even bothering to wave him off. Well, that tube trip was more entertaining than I was expecting and I didn't even need my earphones for entertainment.