30

I grabbed his hand as it rested on my thigh, head a little fuzzy from the champagne he'd ordered at dinner. Not a moment of awkward conversation, no stumbles, no looking for something to discuss. It was like any normal dinner we'd had over the past 3 months on the floor of the living room or at the dining table. Just fancier. Candles. For the first time ever, I didn't want to be elsewhere, I wasn't rushing just to go back to his place. We'd been in there nearly 4 hours and when we left, coming back to the phones we'd left in the car, both of us laughed at how long it had been because it felt like the quickest meal of our lives.

Ash ran his thumb in circles on my bare skin and I closed my eyes, savouring it for as long as I could. He'd been touching me in some way all night, moving the chair at the restaurant just so he could be beside me because being across the table was too far. It was beyond cheesy but I wouldn't change even a second of tonight.

"Tor."

"Mhm." The car pulled to quiet stop but I kept my eyes closed, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Kind of stupid to say this, considering we're living together right now and I know you're not seeing anyone else-" He flipped his hand over, wrapping his finger into mine and squeezing tight. "How do you feel about us being exclusive?" I took in a deep breath, letting it go slowly.

"As in?"

"Just me and you. Boyfriend, girlfriend. Together. No one else." I opened my eyes slowly, turning to look at him. "I've been falling for you for a while Tori. I know the idea of that might freak you out and I don't want to ruin what's been a perfect night, but the longer I'm around you, the more I'm convinced you're everything I want and I want you, selfishly, to myself." I watched his face closely, looking for some hidden lie. But I knew he wasn't. I knew he felt that way, he didn't exactly hide his feelings, he was very upfront about it. I guess for the past 3 months we've been teetering on the edge of this anyway.

"I'm not a good girlfriend Ash."

"I'm not asking you to be. I'm just asking for us to be only for each other. That's it. Nothing else has to change Tor." I looked down at my hand in his, reminding myself how much I loved spending time with him. And if nothing changes was it really a big deal?

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Exclusive." I nodded quickly. "Me and you."

"In a relationship?"

"Boyfriend and girlfriend." I felt like a teenager in the high school playground talking to her crush. Simultaneously nervous and excited and cringing so damn hard but I smiled. "Boyfriend." Yeah. I liked that. He brought my hand up to his lips, kissing the back quickly with a smile on his lips, turning and getting out of the car. I watched him walk around to my side, opening my door and helping me out, not dropping my hand until we were back inside the house.

"Say it again."

"Say what again?"

"My new title."

"Title? You're not a duke." He chuckled, dropping my bag onto the side and locking the door behind me before picking me up. So apparently something changed but I was fine with that. I was going to do something myself if he left me right now anyway and I'd much rather have him do it.

"I like how you smile when you say it."

"What boyfriend?" He nodded, walking up the stairs without needing to look. "What does being your girlfriend mean?"

"It means I get to spoil you a hell of a lot more than I have been doing which, it's about fucking time. Do you know how much I've seen things online and thought how much you'd like them but it would be weird. So, I just kept a note of them. Flowers. God you're going to have flowers coming out of your ears. Dinner dates like tonight, all the time." He sat down on the edge of my bed, pulling my knees up on either side of him, unfastening my heels and then slowly pulling my dress off. "Do you remember what I told you the last time we did this?" I shook my head. I remember feeling hell freeze over and it being one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I don't remember a thing he said though. "I told you that as much as you didn't believe it, you and I were tied together." I pulled his shirt off, Ash's hands moving over my naked back, sending shivers down my spine. "Then as you were still cumming over my dick in the bathroom with people across the hall, I told you you were mine. You told me you don't belong to anyone."

"I do now."

"You do?" I nodded, rolling my hips into him until he groaned.

"Yours."

Asher proceeded to flip me onto my back, making me see stars in what felt like 3 minutes flat. He never had needed to try very hard to bring me over the edge. It was so easy and I didn't even want to hold back on it. The physical and emotional attraction to Asher was undeniable now. I couldn't fight it. I didn't see the point. I was quickly becoming obsessed with the endless hoops I was putting in front of him and he just strode through them like some kind of athlete. I'm not saying I'm in love with the guy. I still had control of myself. I could stop seeing Asher, stop thinking about him, stop playing with myself to the idea of us. I could do it anytime I wanted. I just didn't want to.

"Ash-" He thrusted into me slowly, my nails digging into his skin as his lips gently covered my skin in wet, hot kisses. This time wasn't like it had been before. It was slow and deep with so much eye contact and each touch against me was covering me in goosebumps. He let out a low rumble from his chest as the room went dark, all I could hear was Ash complimenting me over and over again as he finished, filling me entirely.

He slowly pulled out, collapsing down into the bed beside me, tugging me still shaking body into his arms and kissing every inch of my face in the pitch-black room.

"I love you Tori." He croaked and I smiled, half asleep with closed eyes, content and warm, the feeling of his heart thudding in his chest against my skin.

"I think I could love you Asher." He pressed his lips to my forehead, lingering for a few seconds as his hold on me tightened, the compression lulling me into protected sleep, knowing I was safe as long as I was right here.