Chapter 17: Justin Bieber Or One Direction?

Heeeey next chapter guys :) This is the last chapter before tour startssss, yay :) A lot happens in this chapter so I hope ya'll like it. Oh and you're welcome for the long chapter :)

On the side is Vanessa's outfit she wore to work & the dress & curled hair is her fashion awards outfit. ----> 

Vanessa's POV

I woke up smiling. Nobody understood how excited I was to get back to work. I got up and went to shower and came outside going over to my closet to pick out my outfit for today. I decided on something a little professional yet fancy but cute at the same time. I put on white skinny jeans and a tan fancy halter top. I matched it with black & brown strappy heels and a gold and silver bracelet. I did my usual make up and packed up everything I would need for the day in a brown bag and walked downstairs a little early so I could talk to my mom. (outfit on the side, sorry its a little cropped out, stupid collage maker) Luckily my mom was sitting at the kitchen table. I saw her smile at me when I walked in.

“How was Malibu?” she asked me looking genuinely interested for once. I was shocked.

“It was a lot of fun, we all bonded and I met two of there girlfriends as well,” I said sitting down. She nodded.

“So mom, I have a surprise for you,” I said taking out my laptop and opening it up to the nominees’ page of the Brit Fashion Awards. She just gave me a confused look. I slid the laptop over to her and she looked at it with a confused look but after seeing my name there her face lit up. I swear I saw a tear in her eye.

“Vanessa, you’re nominated for an award?” she asked making sure she wasn’t dreaming. I nodded. She stood up and gave me a huge hug.

“Even though I may not show it too much, I’m so proud of you. You’ve made me the proudest mother out there and I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. When is this and what time? I need to make sure I cancel everything I have then,” she said quickly going over to her tablet. I smiled and told her that it was in 2 days and that red carpet is at 8:00 and the awards show starts at 9:00. I had the tickets upstairs. I got a very angry text from all the boys yesterday. They got there tickets as well. I smirked, they’re not winning this.

“So do you know what you want to wear?” my mom asked. I nodded.

“I have this blue floor length dress picked out,” I said pulling up a picture of it on the computer. It wasn’t too fancy because again these are the Brit Fashion Awards not the Oscars. But it wasn’t too casual at the same time. She nodded looking at it. Oh dear, she’s in fashion advice mode.

“I approve, it’s appropriate,” she said. She then got up putting her cup in the sink.

“Okay, well I’m off. I’ll see you later okay?” she said grabbing her stuff and heading out. I nodded waving at her. I put my laptop away in my bag and went to grab my keys so I could get going as well. I got out and drove to Starbucks to get my usual coffee. I walked in to see Jessica who was smiling to herself for some weird reason. I walked up to her. I was earlier then usual; I needed to talk to her about Niall. She smiled warmly when she saw me and went to grab my coffee. I smiled gratefully and handed her my card. After all that was done I stared at her waiting for her to get the hint. She sighed.

“Me and Niall are dating,” she said squealing. I grinned and hugged her.

“That’s awesome, I’m so happy for you. How? When?” I asked her genuinely happy for her.

“He came over last night after getting settled in. He surprised me with flowers and asked me to be his girlfriend,” she said smirking. I really was genuinely happy for her but she looked weird. I don’t know something about Jessica changed over the course of this trip. I would give her the benefit of the doubt though and talk to Ash about it. She was one of my best friends and I wasn’t going to doubt her. I headed out and drove to work only to be hounded by all my co workers. After 15 minutes of catching up I headed to my office and smiled at the sight of it. Oh how I missed work. It was my last week because all of next week I’m going to start rehearsing for the first show and am required to stay with the boys at there flat as the studio is near there. Plus Simon is calling us for a bunch of meetings and I need to meet with Lou Teasdale the makeup artist and there designer to discuss how I’m going to working with them. I had to meet the entire crew and let’s just say it’s going to be a tough week so I’m going to enjoy my last week here in peace. I got a phone call and I almost stopped breathing when I saw who was calling me. It was Scooter. I picked up.