Chapter 16 - Sokovia Vol.2

☾𖧷☽

"What?" asked Alyssa, shocked

"We found Natasha. She's in Sokovia." responded Tony, holding up his phone for emphasis.

"Okay. That's good news. Everybody, suit up. Get what you need." said Steve, immediately jumping into character.

The next few minutes were a scramble; everyone got the things they needed for the mission. When Steve got back from changing into his uniform, Kendra ran up to him with a determined look on her face.

"Steve, let me come with you." she said.

"No, it's far too dangerous for a civilian."

"Yeah, except I'm not a civilian. I can fight, and I'm coming with you." Kendra's eyebrows shot up, and she didn't wait for an answer before quickly running off to get her stuff. Steve scoffed lightly in astonishment but didn't try to stop her.

Tony and Bruce were stringing together the tech equipment, talking over the upcoming mission.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor." said Tony, Bruce listening with a tense expression. "I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That's true, he hates you the most." mentioned Vision as he walked past them.

Alyssa was standing next to Wanda, pulling her suit over her arms and reaching back into the closet to get her jacket. But her gaze drifted to the right where Natasha's stuff was hanging, and before she knew it she threw a green tactical vest over her shoulders. Satisfied with her get-up she threw a red jacket over at Wanda, who startled when she caught it.

Alyssa had to do a double take when she glanced at Pietro who was pulling a blue fitted shirt over his toned abs. Clearing her throat she put on her shoes and ran back to the living room where most of the team was already waiting.

Alyssa's eyes went wide when she saw Kendra fully dressed in a red and black tactical suit, her blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. "Wow, didn't know you carried that around with you." she gestured at Kendra's clothes, standing next to her as Steve began leading everyone to the Quinjet.

Kendra smirked at her, walking in confident strides as she walked up the ramp. "Well, you should always be prepared."

As everyone took their seats, Steve put his shield on his back, standing in front of the group. "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out."

The atmosphere was tense and the jet was quiet, everyone preparing for the battle that was about to come.

Pietro was messing with his earpiece when Alyssa sat down next to him.