Chapter 1

Tessa's POV

This God awful traffic in New York was something else, especially at night, I mean what causes traffic at night?

It's night people, everyone wants to get home but then y'all hit the road and it's like y'all don't wanna go home anymore.

I was already hungry, I don't think I ate at work today because my stomach feels fucking empty, I was hoping I'd get home in time so I can eat at Dad's before going to my apartment.

The car behind me just kept honking, chill man, it's not like I don't wanna go home too, it's the traffic bro.

I was supposed to be at home, on the other side of the city, avoiding this long ass traffic, that's one of the reasons I got my apartment at a different angle of the city, to avoid this kind of situations.

Now what am I doing here?
Well dad called me that he needed to see me, and now he rarely ever ask me to come home because usually I'd go on my own, but if he calls then there's trouble in Paradise.

So after work, here I am going to meet Dad but it seems as if this traffic is not in support of it.
If not that dad had called, I swear to God I would have done a 360 and head to my apartment.

The road was finally clearing up, thank God, I'd been sat here for over an hour, my legs were beginning to cramp and freeze.

As soon as the car in front of me moved, I hit the engine up and sped off, I don't wanna be caught here any minute than necessary.

.

I drove straight to my dad's place, all the while wondering why he had called me, it's probably something about the company or work.

I arrived at Dad's gate and the security guy let me in, Karl.
He's old but not too old, he's a nice guy.
Always has a calm face on, now inside the compound.

Dad's house isn't really huge but it's not small either, it's what you would call a modern day mansion, from the front of the building, you'd never guess it had a swimming pool at the back, a huge ass swimming pool.

I got out of my car and made my way inside, I used the spare key with me, instead of knocking.

I got in and the place was kind of quiet, but what's to expect, asides Martha that comes to cook and clean every other day, my dad basically stays alone.

"Dad" I called out but get no answer.
He's probably in his study, so I head upstairs.

Walking towards the study, I kept seeing portraits of my mom hung up, most of them she's smiling brightly, she looked so beautiful.

For Dad to still have her pictures hung up around the house, he must really love her.

I knock on his study door and it takes a while before he opens it up, I take it upon myself to look at him thoroughly, he doesn't look stressed, hurt asides the fact that he looks lonely, he's fine, making me wonder why he had called me home.

His face broke into a smile, upon seeing me.

"Tess honey, how are you doing"? He asked pulling me in for a hug and I just shrug.

"Dad I'm fine" I say as he ushers me in, dad isn't that tall but he's way taller than me so you can say he's tall.

His dark hair have grown long over the years, i dont know how that is even possible, with his brown eyes always shinning, I don't look like my dad, I'm more like my mom in everything.

I take in the state of his study, always so kept and arranged, dad has never been one to be unkept.

"Sit, sit, sweetie" he offers me a chair and I quickly plop down on it, he can tell I'm very tired.