☀Special Chapter☀

♪ ♬ You are my sunshine, ♬ ♪

"I'm sorry Rui, they escape." [Name] announce bowing at his son, "What?" Rui asked in disbelief, although his voice was calm [Name] knew he is annoyed.

"I'm sorry dear, i'll do better next time." [Name] stated, "You better be. You're the father of this family so do your job better or I won't hesitate to replaced you." Rui spit, "Yes my dear."

♪ ♬ My only sunshine. ♬ ♪

Rui walk out of the cabin to see his 'older sister' on a swing that is created by thread, while his father were gently pushing them.

"What are you guys doing?" Rui asked, "Oh, R-rui." his older sister stuttered clearly scared [Name] however show no sign of fear, he smile, "Ah, Rui! I created this swing, Do you want to join?" he asked smiling at his son, Rui thought for a moment but nodded.

♪ ♬ You make me happy, When skies are gray. ♬ ♪

Rui look outside the cabin to see it heavily raining, he was actually planning on hunting but it started raining, Rui heard his room door opening, he look at the direction to see [Name], "Hey, Rui." He greeted giving Rui a closed eye smile, "What are you doing here father?"

[Name] smile softly, "Well, i was hoping to spend time with you," He smile walking towards his son, "It's raining so i think it would be better to not hunt tonight. Don't worry i'll hunt some food for us next night."

[Name] sat on the wooden floor, he patted his lap telling Rui to put his head there. Rui approach him and lay down putting his head on [Name] lap, he gently caress his hair humming a soft tune.

"Rui," He called softly, Rui hum his eye remaining closed, "I'm sorry i cannot protect you like other fathers. But i just want to let you know that i love you, unconditionally."

Rui open his eye looking athis father with wide eye. [Name] smile at him, he lean in kissing Rui forehead, "Take a rest sunshine."

Rui eye shined as he look at his father, he felt his heart warm, which is an odd but great feelings.

♪ ♬ You'll never know dear, ♬ ♪

"Rui!" [Name] screamed seeing his son get beheaded by the Hashira, he jump down the tree running towards Rui.

He gently hold his head, he tried to reattached his head with his string but in a matter of second his hand was cut off.

"Wait! No! Don't you dare hurt my father!" Rui screamed glaring at the water hashira.

[Name] eyes were covered by his bangs, he hugged Rui's head as his body started turning to ash.

Rui felt a tears drop down his head, he could hear his father sobbing, "I'm sorry, my dear." [Name] apologize, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm a terrible father." He cried, Rui bit his lips.

"Don't say that father." he mumbled, "You're a great father, i should be the one apologizing... Even though i was cruel to you, you still tried your best to make our family perfect and happy..." Rui stated.

♪ ♬ How much i love you. ♬ ♪

"Thank you, for making me feel like a normal kid." Rui said, he smile one last time as his head completely turn to ash.

[Name] hugged himself, he grip his arm gritting his teeth, yet he gave no sign of attacking the slayers.

The hashira without any hesitation beheaded [Name] ignoring the young burgundy hair demon slayer telling him to stop.

[Name] head rolled to the ground his eye landed on Rui's clothes. His lips trembled again before a soft smile form his lips, "I'm glad, that i made you feel like a little kid. Even just a little while." He mumbled.

'Next time, I promise. I'll protect you and be a great father.' he thought closing his eye.

'I promise, I'll give you the life you always wanted.' [Name] head and body completely turn to ash leaving only his clothes

♪ ♬ Please don't take my sunshine away. ♬ ♪

"My sunshine."

---------------------------

Im not crying.... Definetly not crying.

My deepest apologise for the slow update my laptop is broken and currently on fixing. I'm using a phone and I'm not used to it.

So please accept this special chapter as an apology.

Pft-