(7) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

(Sequel to Demonic Seduction)

Chapter 7

“Hope,” I heard Ivy whisper from beside me but her voice was drowned out by the sounds in my head. The sounds of the people begging me not to kill them

“Hope,” she said, louder this time and managed to snap me back to reality. I pulled my thoughts together and looked up into her worried eyes.

“What happened?” she asked, worriedly.

“I… I don’t know,” I stuttered, feeling horribly confused.

“We have to get rid of the body,” she stated, looking over at the dead guy on our bed.

“Yeah, you’re right,” I replied, pushing myself up to my feet with the help of the wall.

My whole body was still shaking and it felt like I was going to throw up at any moment but I knew she is right. We had to get rid of the body and get as far away from the hotel as possible.

“What are we going to do?” she asked, looking around the room.

“There isn’t much we can do,” I stated walking over to the bed. The bedding and pillow cases were all stained with blood, making the situation even worse.

“We can’t just leave him there,” Ivy stated.

“We’ll hide him in the cupboard and hope that it takes a while for somebody to find him,” I said as I started wrapping him up in the bloody bedding.

“Open the cupboard and then help me carry him,” I instructed as my stomach clenched with nausea. Ivy did as I said and soon we were carrying the guy across the room. We stuffed him into the cupboard and then quickly placed the stained pillows inside with him before closing the cupboard and locking it.

“I have to clean myself and then we have to leave,” I said, looking down at myself. I was splattered with blood and it took every bit of my strength not to throw up right there and there.

“Ok,” Ivy agreed, nodding her head. I quickly grabbed some clean clothes out of my bag and made my way into the bathroom. As soon as I locked the door behind me I ran to the toiled, doubled over, and threw up.

It took me a few minutes before I was able to get back onto my feet, strip off my clothes and get into the shower. The water was warm and usually it would have helped to relax me but I was beyond help. I had killed my entire family and a lot of people I was supposed to love and even some people who I didn’t know without thinking twice about it, without feeling guilty about it, but now the guilt had hit me and I was confused as hell.

I scrubbed my body and washed my hair, feeling dirty. When I was done I got out and then quickly got dressed in a pair of jeans, a tank top and a hoodi before making sure there was no sight of blood anywhere in the bathroom. When I was sure that it was clean I stepped back into our room.

Ivy was sitting on the bed waiting for me.

“Thanks,” she whispered, looking at me. I didn’t know what to say so I didn’t reply, instead I walked over to my bag and stuffed my blood stained clothes into an empty compartment. I would have to get rid of them some other time I thought to myself as I turned to Ivy.

“We have to go now,” I stated, trying to stay in control of my emotions.

“Ok,” Ivy agreed as she got up from the bed and grabbed her bags.

We made our way to the parking lot, trying to act normal but I could feel myself freaking out. Once we reached the car, we loaded our stuff inside and then went back into the hotel. I knew that there was no way that they weren’t going to find the guy’s body but I figured if we rented the room for another day it would give us a head start. I quickly paid the woman behind the counter and then basically ran to the car.

Ivy was looking at me worriedly but I didn’t pay any attention to her, I was way too busy concentrating on not freaking out. I started the car, backed out of the parking space and sped away. I had no idea where we were going and I honestly didn’t care at the moment. I just wanted to get as far away from the hotel and from what I had done as possible.

Once we reached the freeway, I relaxed back into my seat and concentrated on my breathing while trying to make sense of everything. I mean I know I turned into a bit of a bitch after Ivy died but never in my life have I ever physically hurt somebody, I just wasn’t that kind of person. All I know is that I really wanted to see Ivy again but instead of calling up her spirit, Jeremy and I had called up and evil demon named Dante. That is when I started acting all crazy.

As I thought about everything that happened I realized what must have happened. I only started killing people after I met Dante, he must have put me some kind of spell on me or something, because now he was gone and I was feeling like my old self again.

“What happened to you back there?” Ivy asked, still sounding really worried.

“I’m not sure, I think Dante had me under some kind of spell that caused me to willingly sacrifice people for him,” I answered, knowing how crazy it would sound to anybody except for Ivy. She knew Dante and she did come back from the dead so I knew that she would believe me.

“Did you feel guilty when you killed that guy?” Ivy asked, obviously trying to make sense of things.

“Yeah, it was horrible,” I answered.

“What are we going to do,” she asked, her voice filled with panic.

“I have no idea,” I replied, honestly.

Ivy was quiet after that and I didn’t try to make anymore conversation. I was way too confused to give her any answers. We drove for a few hours and then stopped at a little town to fill the car up with gas and get something to eat before taking off again.