(12) Demonic Seduction

Demonic Seduction

Chapter 12

The lights flickered for a second and then a figure appeared in front of me. I took a look at it and a smile crossed my face. The sacrifice had worked. Dante's skin had taken on a more natural color and I could make out some of his features. He was far from being his normal human self but definitely looked better than before.

"You did good Hope" He said and I could almost make out a smile on his face.  

Yea, except for messing up my bedding again" I joked and I could hear him laughing. Hearing him laugh made me feel better after all that had happened over the last twenty four hours.

"I can tell it worked, you look better" I said smiling at the fact that I was responsible for him getting better.  

"Thank you Hope but I have to go now" He said and I could hear he wasn't happy about it.  

"Why? Can't you stay a bit longer?" I asked wanting to talk to him, I had so many questions.  

"I'm not strong enough yet" He replied and then disappeared.

I sighed and sat down on the edge of my bed wondering how many people I still needed to kill before he would be human again. I would have to do it fast. I don't want to get caught before I am done bringing Dante back.

I looked over at Jerry lying dead on my bed and shook my head. What a shame, I actually liked the poor guy. I considered what I should do with his body and decided that I would bury it in the woods just like I did with Leah's. I won't be able to do it tonight because pulling his body down the hall would surely wake up my parents so I will have to do it tomorrow. I didn't want to just leave his body lying on my bed because I was actually quite tired. I fetched some more garbage bags and covered up his body and pushed it in the bottom of my cupboard next to the bag full of my blood stained bedding. I quickly changed the bedding again, took a shower and jumped into bed.

I fell asleep quickly and had a nice dream about Ivy. We were in some sort of field filled with white flowers and there was a beautiful lake. She looked so happy and that made me happy.

I woke up the next morning and felt sad that I couldn't just stay in the dream forever. I knew today was going to be another long day considering I had to get rid of Jerry's body and find another person to sacrifice. I wasn't sure who my next victim would be but I would have to decide soon. I changed into some jeans and a t shirt and headed down stairs to get some breakfast

It was after eight in the morning and I could hear my mom and dad talking in the kitchen so I stopped outside the door and listened to their conversation. They were worried about Leah, apparently they had phoned Clara and she told them that Leah was never at her house. They tried Leah's cell phone and since she didn't answer they decided to phone the cops and report her missing. I couldn't let them do that, not yet anyway.

"Morning mom, morning dad" I said cheerfully walking into the kitchen. They greeted me with concerned looks and then wanted to know if I knew why Leah would have lied about spending the night at Clara's. I pretended that I knew nothing and that I was just as worried as them and luckily they seemed to believe me.

My dad was about to phone the cops when I came up with a plan.  

"Why don't we go down to the police station? That way we can give them a photo of her" I suggested and luckily both my parents agreed that it was a good idea. My mom was a nervous wreck so I lead her to the living room and told her to sit down while I make her some tea. She looked reluctant but did as I said. I told my dad to find a recent photo of Leah while I made my mom some herbal tea to help her relax. He thought it was a good idea and set off to find a photo.

This was going to be easier than I thought. I quickly put the kettle on and ran to my medicine cabinet. I had some very strong sleeping tablets. Usually it would take about ten minutes before I fell asleep after I took one but I didn't have that much time. I ran downstairs and made the tea for my mom and dad throwing three in each cup. The pills didn't have a very strong taste so they wouldn't notice that anything was wrong. I made myself a cup without any pills and carried the tray into the living room. My dad was sitting on the couch next to my mom comforting her while she was sobbing.

I handed both of them their tea which they took looking grateful. I sat down opposite them and drank my tea slowly watching them.