(13) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

Chapter 13

The day dragged by, partly because my head was killing me and partly because I was a nervous wreck. I had nowhere to go and no idea what to do. I was starting to think that meeting Ned was a really bad idea because now I like him and it makes me feel even worse for what I have done.  If it was something stupid that I thought he might be able to forgive me for I would tell him but it’s not and I know that if I do tell him I would wind up in prison for a very long time, or worse. They would give me the death sentence and I’d wind up in hell with Dante. Maybe that’s what I should do, kill myself and then go to hell and make that bastard suffer. The only problem with that plan it that I’m not even sure if it is possible to get revenge on somebody in hell. What can you do to make somebody suffer that is already in hell?

By the time it started getting dark I decided that I probably had to find somewhere to spend the night. I couldn’t sleep in the car, that would be way too dangerous.

I drove around for a while, looking for a motel that looked ok but not too fancy and then parked my car, grabbed my weapons and money and headed inside. I ordered some room service and after I ate I took a quick shower and got into bed. I couldn’t sleep though. The idea of getting revenge on Dante growing in my head. I had nothing left in this world. I had destroyed everything that was ever important to me and it was all because of him. He possessed me and made me do horrible things.

There was no way I could keep running without being caught. It might take a while but they’ll catch me sooner or later and then I might be locked up forever. I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life suffering in a jail cell and I definitely didn’t want to wait that long to take my revenge.

By the time morning came I had made up my mind. I would somehow find the strength to take my life and get my revenge. I knew there was life after death or I never would have been able to bring Ivy back or call up Dante in the first place and this is the only way I could think of to make things right. It wouldn’t bring back my family or my friends or any of the people I killed but I had to do it. I had to do it for myself, even if I spend the rest of my life in hell, rotting away, at least I would know that I tried.

There are three things I need to do before I go on this little adventure of mine. Firstly I have to kill Ivy. It is going to be hard but I have to do it. It is my fault that she is here and although I love her, I can’t let her go on killing people. The second thing I want to do is write a letter and post it to the police. It will take a few days to get to them and hopefully by that time I’ll be gone. I need to tell them what happened and where I had buried the bodies. I doubt that they will believe the part about being possessed but it didn’t matter. I need to take responsibility for what I did and I want to give the families I hurt some sort of closure. The third thing is that I want to go see Ned again. I lost his number so I’ll just have to go to his house, somehow I don’t think he will mind me showing up at his doorstep. I might not have to kill myself though because after I tell him what I’ve done I’m pretty certain that he will happily do it for me. If that happens I’ll be ok with it though, maybe it will give him some sort of closure to know that he is has avenged his father’s death. It doesn’t matter. I’ll be dead soon enough anyway.