(7) Demonic Seduction

Demonic Seduction

Chapter 7

The figure crept closer as the screeching sound grew louder and louder. My eardrums were hurting to the point where I was sure they were going to burst when the noise disappeared and my room was filled with silence. The figure stopped crawling and moved his head in my direction. If I could see its eyes I'm sure they would have been staring at me.

I closed my eyes and images of my life flashed though my mind. I knew this was it, I was going to die. I prepared myself for the unbearable pain I was sure would reach me in a few seconds but it never came. I opened my eyes looking in the direction I last saw the creature but it was gone.

A sense of relief filled my body but not for long. It might be gone for now but I knew it would be back. We unleashed whatever that thing is and now I was going to have to deal with the consequences.

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself and got out of bed checking the time on my watch. It was just after four am. It was way too early to be up but there was no way I was going to be able to sleep now. I walked over to my bathroom feeling terrified, this was not a human I was dealing with and I knew it could just appear wherever and whenever it wanted to.

I got into the shower and let the warm water run over my body. It felt good and helped to relax my body but my mind was still in a state of panic. When I was done I wrapped a towel around my body and walked back into my room. I considered lying down on my bed but reconsidered figuring that I didn't want to freak out and run down the hallway in a towel if that creature appeared again.

I reluctantly walked over to my cupboard and opened the door. I selected a pair of black skinny jeans, a black tank top with a little white bunny on the front and my black and white converse. This is not a combination of clothes I would usually wear but I didn't have anybody to impress anymore since I dumped Devon and all my friends hate me so I really didn't care. All I wanted to do was get dressed and get out of the house before that thing came back.

I got dressed quickly and then decided I should put on some make up because I looked pale and my eyes were rimmed with red from all the crying I did last night. I sat down at my dresser and added some blush, grey eye shadow, black eye liner, mascara and light pink lip gloss. When I was satisfied with my make up I got up and walked back to my cupboard. I didn't feel like blowing out my hair but it was a mess so I decided to get a beanie from my cupboard.

I opened the big door which had a full length mirror on the inside, selected a plain black beanie, slipped it on my head and turned around to see my reflection in the mirror.

I expected seeing a very different version of myself but I never expected a young man standing inside of the mirror looking at me. For the second time this morning my body froze in place, I felt my body starting to shake with fear and I felt light headed standing there looking at him.

"Hello Hope" The man said with a seductive tone to his voice. I wanted to turn around and slam the door close but I couldn't, I couldn't look away from his eyes. They were a shade of blue I have never seen before and the longer I looked into them the more I started to relax

"Hello" I replied as my body stopped shaking and my breathing evened out.