Author's Note

Hello readers, If you are not already aware, I'm a guy who normally focuses on making videos for my Youtube Channel of the same name, The Retro Reject. Though that doesn't mean I don't explore the world of fanfiction. I find fanfictions just as another medium for people to express their creativity based around series that the writer has come to enjoy. It's not as easy as it sounds, because most people do think it is just people writing whatever they want in regard to a series that they like. Now, in some cases that is true, but for those who strive to create good fanfictions it does take some experience with writing and storytelling. Creating an alternative set of circumstances where characters encounter situations that they never did in the series they were originally from. Plus making sure those characters don't fall outside of the realm of believability. We want those characters to feel like themselves rather than someone we don't recognize just to fit the intentions of the author. It creates a story where the audience can maybe believe that this could have actually happened. Many possibilities could arise, Though it could also be as simple as adding in a developed character in an already existing story. Such as when authors create "Reader Insert" stories.

One such story that I came across was a little fanfiction here on Wattpad called "The Psychic Hero". This story was created by @eyesoftheREACH. He made an incredible story set in the anime world of My Hero Academia. As I said this is a "Reader Insert" story, so the male protagonist's name is whatever you decide it to be. To me it a great way to add a little personal touch to feel like you are actually within the story itself. In summary, this is about a teenage boy who has a psychic quirk. At a young age he endured a tragedy caused by a villain named Yato who also has a psychic quirk. The protagonist lost both his father and older sister in this villain's rampage. Now he lives with his loving mother and older brother (who isn't actually living with them, but is still a part of the family). At the same time he has to deal with the prejudice that society has towards "Psychic Quirk Users". This is why he aims to become a hero and become a symbol for those who have psychic quirks to prove that they are not destined to become villains. He gets accepted into U.A. and goes through many challenges that are present within Seasons 1-3 within the anime. Along the way he befriends his fellow classmates (with the exception of Mineta, because the protagonist actually takes his spot. Luckily not personality wise, because there is no need for a perverted character). His closet friends are Tsuyu Asui and Eijiro Kirishima (He even has the possibility for romance with Tsuyu, Kirishima, Jiro, or Hagakure, but those are optional chapters, so you don't have to read them for the main plot). He battles through the League of Villains and Yato. He becomes stronger with his Psychic abilities, thanks in large part to his mentor Phoebe Nania. She is also Psychic Pro-Hero who had some previous history with Yato as well, specially losing her own mentor, Reeda Shusci.

I became a huge fan of this story. I read and re-read this story all the way to it's most recent chapter called "Sowing the Seeds" which was posted in September of 2020. He had since started focusing on other stories, but he still planned to write one more Arc to end the story. He even started posting remastered versions of the chapters during the summer of 2021. It wasn't until during that same summer he posted "A Side Chapter Challenge" within the remastered story. In this he offered the readers an opportunity to write their own chapter to add to "The Psychic Hero" story. I choose to write my own chapter, which was an optional romance chapter that he has within the original story. I decided to give the main protagonist another option for a love interest, which is Toru Hagakure AKA The Invisible Girl. I just noticed several interactions between the two that could lead to a romance. Plus, his quirk and her quirk benefit each other in certain ways. I was able to win this challenge and the next one, so the optional romance chapter 1 and 2 for Hagakure were posted in the remastered version of The Psychic Hero. So, with this we had become familiar with each other.

On November 8th of 2021, he contacted me through direct messaging on Wattpad proposing an offer to me. He noticed how passionate I was with the story due to writing the side chapters. He offered for me to write the final arc to the story. He originally told me that it will not be recognized as the official canon arc/ending. It was going to be where he would ask readers to submit their own endings to the story based on the preexisting information plus anything they ask him. I accepted the offer and began work on writing the chapters of this ending.