24

R18. Read at your own risk.

"I just wanna say congratulation, to my son, Kaiden. Thank you for working hard to achieve this such a big achievement! We love you, Kai, your mother and I. Always remember that."

With a smile on our faces, we all stood up from our seats and clapped our hands. Kaiden kissed my forehead before he went above the stage and hugged both of his parents.

Then, he handed the microphone. "Uh, Mom, Dad, thank you." He thanked his parents first. "I just wanna say that... I am so lucky to have you as my parent. I know to my self that without you, I can never be a Valedictorian without your support." He smiled.

He then searched for me. Napailing na lang ako dahil alam ko naman kung sino ang hinahanap niya. When he found me, napangiti ulit siya.

"And also, I wanna thank my love... Zior." He said.

All the people around me covered their mouth using their hands. I felt a little bit awkward in here since they started looking for me.

"Oh... don't feel bad for us, please." Napatango ang mga tao sa sinabi niya. "I wanna thanked him... for being my motivation. He told me once he wanted a smart guy, and so I did all of my best just so I could rich his standard." He laughed.

Sinamaan ko tuloy siya ng tingin. Alangan naman, pinagmumukha niya akong high standards dito! Baka tuloy ano isipin ng mga tao.

"Zior, baby..." All the people started saying 'wow' when he said that. "Thank you for everything, okay? Kahibaw ka nga ikaw akoang pamaol... kidding." He laughed, sinamaan ko na naman siya ng tingin. Other people started to look confused by what he said. But nga.

"Kaiden!" I glared at him.

"Okay, the meaning of that word isn't important now." He cleared his throat. "Zior... thank you for being my strength. Thank you for being with me, through ups and downs. Thank you for being my pillow everytime I am stressed because of school works. Thank you for staying with me, despite from my imperfections. I was so aggressive with you since then, and I am sorry for that, I just... I just don't want anyone to touch what's mine. I had already hurt you so much. And I am sorry, baby."

His speech suddenly became emotional. Kahit na matagal na 'yon, umiiyak pa rin ako. But the trauma? No, wala na. Wala na akong ikakatakot pa. With Kaiden, I got every large walls with me, I feel safe whenever he was around, he is my protector.

"You didn't know how happy and lucky I am now that I have you as my boyfriend, and now that I can call you mine. You never know how much I love you." He kept on talking. "Zior, thank you for everything. You were my strength in those times I faced so many battles in my life, and you will always be my strength. Thank you, baby, for everything."

All of them clapped their hands, as of me also. I wiped my tears as Kaiden quickly run towards me, and without any hesitations, he hugged me.

"Ako pala motiv mo, ah," I smiled.

"Tsk, syempre." He chuckled.

After all of that, the dinner was already served and we eat. Matapos naman 'yon ay kinuha na si Kaiden sa mga pinsan niya para raw uminom, he gave me a kiss and was about to leave, but his cousin told me to come too.

"Oh, no. He don't drink." Kaiden was just too overprotective!

"Come on, Kai. Let your boyfriend drink just this time." His cousin insisted.

I held on Kaiden's hand and look at him like a puppy. I guess gumana siya dahil he sighed heavily at hinayaan na niya ako. I silently celebrated inside my head.