26

"With highest honors, Jade Zior Callahan!"

All the people clapped their hands as I went above the stage. My adviser gave me my medals and certificate. Napangiti pa ulit siya sa akin. She looked so proud.

"Just like what your parents feel, I also am, as your second mother, proud of you." She smiled.

"Thank you, Ms. Nancy." I whispered.

"Ay, wait, I forgot another medal." She said. But right before she could get one medal, kinuha na iyon ni Kaiden. "Oh, your boyfriend's here."

Wow, ang dali niya, ah. Ngumiti si Kaiden kay ma'am at pumunta sa akin. Ngumiti siya habang isinuot niya sa akin ang medal.

"I'm so proud of you," he said. "I can't wait to kiss you."

Sinamaan ko tuloy siya ng tingin. We just kissed inside the restroom kanina, ah! He just can't wait, nandito rin kasi sina mama. And tonight we will be back to Tito Kairo's resort again to gave me a little celebration.

"Anak." Mama cried. "I'm so proud of you."

She hugged me tightly at ganoon na rin si papa. Zyra also went to me so I carried her. She even wanted to steal my medal! Ang ganda raw kasi.

"Kuya, I'm sad that I did not reach that with highest honor," she said.

Tumingala ako kay Kaiden at ngumiti siya sa 'kin. Okay, I'm going to explain everything to my sister first so that she won't have to pressure herself.

"First of all, Zy, you don't need to be in that high para maging proud kami sa 'yo. Whatever you are, and whatever you can achieve in your life, even if it will be small, we would still be proud of you." I told her. "You don't have to pressure your self. Kung ano ang kaya mo, doon ka na rin."

"Pero, kuya. I wanna be just like you, po. And kay Kuya Kaiden, too." She said.

"Then, work hard for it. But do not forget to take a rest, okay?" I said.

She never talked after that, maybe she now understood what I was pointing at. Ganoon kasi 'yon, just like what I said, kung ano ang kaya mong abutin, hanggang doon ka na lang din. You don't have to tire your self trying to reach something that is way too high.

But if you really wanna reach the star you wanted... then go on. No one's stopping you from reaching your dreams.

"Nakakapagod." I hugged Kaiden as I told him that. We are inside the car now. Nasa car nila Kaiden ako sumakay.

He hugged me back. "You can always rest on my chest."

"Hoy, mga bata, naglalandian na naman kayo. Ikaw, Kaiden, tinuturuan mo si Zior nang ganiyan." Tita Faye joked.

"Mom, since when did you learn how to joke?" Kaiden chuckled.

"Since birth. Witness mama ni Zior sa kabaliwan ko," she laughed. "Hindi ba, hon?"

"Nah, you're just so crazy about me." Tito Kairo teased.

"'Di ka nakakatulong! I was trying to make your son laugh, oh." Sabi pa niya.

"Well, you did a very great job, tita. We both laughed naman." I smiled at her.

"I am so glad ikaw 'yong magiging asawa ni Kaiden, Zior." She chuckled.

I didn't know I fell asleep after that. When I woke up, it was already night and it's raining, Kaiden woke me up kasi.

"Anong oras na?" I asked Kaiden after I yawned.

"12:43," he said, taking off his glassed at kinamot ang mata niya, ibinalik naman niya ulit ang glasses niya.

I smiled. "You're getting more handsome when you are wearing glasses."