the thrill is gone

No words were exchanged between you two as everybody gathered backstage, wishing each other good luck. You walked side by side as you made your way back to the theatre wings and she got on her mark, waiting for her cue. Trixie stepped on stage first, welcoming everyone as she was received with a standing ovation. You only had a partial view of the crowd, but the sound of it was already enough to send a rush of adrenaline through you.

Katya let her guard down for a moment as she desperately looked at you, looking really nervous. You took her hand, stroking it lightly with your thumb as you looked into her eyes, and the electric feeling pumped through your veins. You briefly looked down, your hand looked so small on hers. There's no denying it anymore, the attraction is definitely mutual, but what are you gonna do about it?

"It's okay, you'll do just fine. Great actually..." You assure her, smiling softly. She smiles, biting her lip as she seems to be holding herself back from saying something, but giving up on it as the adrenaline seems to be taking over her thoughts and actions.

"You're making not kissing you seem like an impossible thing to me..." She admits, whispering it in your ear, almost missing her cue.

She rushes her steps as she's being called on stage by Trixie. You watch as everyone cheers even louder when the lights follow her steps, smiling to yourself at how entranced people seem to be by them. But the little time you had between her first dialogue with Trixie and first change was spent processing her last words to you.

You're brought back to the moment when you see the tall blonde figure walking in your direction, smiling mischievously at you. You sigh, coming to terms with how fucked you are... and it didn't feel bad? It's when you look into the bright blue eyes that you're assured why it's not bad... at all.

"I guess you're right..." She smiles, looking a bit more relaxed. You smiled back.

"Glad to be of any help" You offer, feeling the tension once again.

"Trust me, you are" She smirks, but the moment is short lived when Eden approaches you to help with the change. You help her slid the black catsuit down her body, while Eden's standing by her side with the sparkly red dress. You change the high black boots for the silver stoned short heel, and she got back on her mark, waiting for her cue as Trixie's delivering her monologue.

The rest of the show passed by in the blink of an eye, after intense exchanges of looks, that spoke more than words. You watched as they performed the last number, beautifully if you may say so. Then the cast gathered on stage as the bowed, and everyone stood up as they cheered. A total success. Your breath hitched as you noticed her walking up to you as she and Trixie left the stage for the night.

"Meet me in my dressing room in about ten..." She stops and whispers, before she continued walking among the whole entourage of people backstage.

You breathe in, your heart raced inside your chest as you have absolutely no idea of what's about to happen the second you walk inside that room. There's a mixture of post show adrenaline and relief in the atmosphere as you were glad that everything had worked out fine. Part of the crew was clearing out the venue, while others were waiting to get in the van back to the hotel. You walked down the hall that led to the dressing rooms, knocking on the door with a trembling hand.

"Come in!" You hear from the other side. You took a breath, opening the door to reveal a de-dragging Katya, sitting in front of the mirror as she took her makeup off.