danger zone

"No, thanks" You answer, already looking at your surroundings to see if you could find your clothes as you sit on the bed.

Brian remained silent.

"Hey, it's fine. You don't need to run" You felt her hand on your back as she said it. You looked down at Brian, who looked pretty uneasy. Not only because of the offer, but at the way you would react to it.

You give him a warning look as you move to stand.

"Yeah, I know. But I have to wake up really early tomorrow... I have to work" You explain as you walk up to your underwear on the floor.

"But tomorrow's Sunday?" She said in confusion.

"I'm actually going to America tomorrow, I'm in a production..." You explain without giving too much detail while putting your clothes on.

"Right, got it... aren't you in one as well, Brian?" She said. Of course he was, she knew that, she was at the show. She was pretty quick, you had to say.

"Oh... I think I know what's going on here" You hear and though you get nervous, you still focus on getting dressed... if anything happens, you're never gonna see these people again anyway.

You have your back facing Brian but you really hoped he was sitting up, otherwise things between you are about to go down.

"Are you coming?" You ask when you get fully dressed, looking at him with a death stare when you noticed he hasn't moved.

"Uh-" He looked at you and that's when you realize the very real possibility of leaving the room alone.

"There's no need to rush him" Brad said as he moved to light a cigarette and that's when you felt an urge to slap his face.

"Oh- it's fine... it's late, I have to call it a night" You finally hear Brian's voice.

"Are you sure?" Carmen stopped him as he was sitting up, a hand on his arm and he looked back at her and nodded, not before pressing a kiss to her lips while you stood there and waited.

"Yeah- but this was a nice..." He finally stood up and you walked away a little to not get in his way as he got dressed.

"It was! The show was great too, you guys are incredible" She added as you watched him now fully dressed, putting on his shoes.

"Thank you! Uh- I guess we're going now..." He looked at you.

"Bye, guys" You addressed them out of politeness, not able to stand them anymore.

They say their goodbyes as you're already walking to the door, not looking back but feeling his presence behind you as you're headed to the elevator, pressing the button and waiting in an awkward silence.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?" He said.

"I'm not ignoring you" You respond, but still not looking at his face.

"You made walk out with you and now you won't look me in the eye?" He scoffed.

"I didn't make you do anything. If you're so bothered, then go back there, do some coke and fuck until you miss our flight tomorrow. How does that sound to you?" You finally looked at him, not able to hide how bothered you were.

"I told you to make you sure you could handle it before-" You roll your eyes, interrupting him.

"Forget it. This is all a mistake, I should never have slept with you, Brian... or let you in my life" You say as you enter the elevator.

"Oh, because your relationship with Sarah was that much better, wasn't it?" He scoffed.

"Fuck off, don't bring her up- that's too low even for you" You answer, his words triggering your fears to resurface. After becoming so vulnerable after her and finding comfort in him, to watch everything fall apart in front of your eyes.