11. Whiskey Makes You Do Crazy Things

~ The Way They Leave Tells You Everything ~

I made every effort possible to maintain my composure while at work. I was not going to put up with Athena's drama or her man touching me, literally, because I detested dealing with it. My boss.  

I had to go to an important event with Amir later. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick inside. It was a gathering of several corporations showcasing their newly released products, and Expansion Edge was supposed to help spread the word. I had to be there, jotting down notes and doing what Amir told me. 

I was supposed to get out of here in a hurry. I've been adding a final touch of lip balm, which will help me deal with my dry lips. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail that was nice and sleek and had no edges since I'm terrible at making them. With my purse in hand, I went to the door. Mr. Bezos sent a car to come get me, which saved me from riding the bus.

I repeatedly reminded myself that yesterday didn't happen. Despite the fact that it made me feel shaken on the inside, I will brush it off as if it never happened because I know that staying professional was the best thing for my job and for getting paid.

He was standing outside the building, waiting for me. He was back to his normal work self as if he had forgotten about the nonsense he had done the day before. He was being arrogant, but his appearance was to die for. He looked a little brighter in his outfit today, and his blue eyes stood out. His entrancing, wayfarer-blue eyes had always been praised as his best feature. When they were alight with joy, they could shine as bright as the evening stars. That was the vibe I was getting from his look today.

I cleared my throat. "Good morning Mr. Bezos," I said, trying my hardest to come off as professional as possible.

"Get your book and pen, you have a lot of writing to cover," he turned his back, walking inside the building.

The fact that he didn't return in a timely manner made me even more upset. I could feel the anger circulating in my blood, boiling and ready to overflow, but I would not let it make me act out and embarrass myself. Without any objections, I took my notebook and pen and followed behind him. being his little obedient assistant. 

The interior of the building was breathtaking. It was a large open space with various company names displacing products at each station. There were a variety of products available. There were far too many products for skin care, hair growth, and consumption to count. At each station, two persons were presenting details about their products and explained facts about them.

Mr. Bezos stopped at this station, which was decorated with artificial roses in unique patterns, and asked, "Good morning, and what's your name?"

"I'm Daisy Adams, CEO of Elegant Essence," she said politely.

He cast his gaze over a few of the items she was displaying. He remained silent for a while, and to be honest, he was lost in those roses. "Please explain your product to me."