17. 24 Hours to Make You Fall for Me

I gave it a lot of thinking

I gave it a lot of thinking. Just picturing his hands on my body and his lips pressing against mine sent chills down my spine. I've said it before, but I wasn't ready to give up my virginity until I was married. I had always believed in waiting for the right person, for the right time, but attractions make you question your choices. And in that moment, I felt an overwhelming sense of trust and connection with him.

I couldn't help but question if waiting until marriage was genuinely important as I considered these contradictory thoughts. It was a battle, a battle fought within me. On the other hand, there was also a sense of safety and security in waiting. On the other hand, the pure passion and connection I felt for him seemed to exceed all society's expectations.

I turned around to see him sound asleep next to me. The tangled blankets over our bodies, his hand on the lower portion of my waist, and the steady breathing coming from his nose were all pleasant. It was unacceptable for me to be in bed with a man about to marry another lady. And, to be clear, we did not have sex because, as I previously indicated, I was not ready.

I whispered, "Hey, wake up."

He murmured, "What is it?" as he twisted a little and slowly opened his eyes.

"We need to talk," I said softly.

He rubbed his eyes, "Talk? It's still early can't it wait."

"No, it can't wait. We need to address this. I can't keep pretending everything is okay."

He sat up looking assertive, "Elle."

 I gestured to the tangled sheets and our proximity, "This. Us. We can't keep doing this, knowing that you're going to marry someone else. "

He paused searching for words, "I... I know this is complicated, but I care about you too. You know that."

I said in frustration, "I do know that, but caring isn't enough. You're committed to someone else, and I'm not willing to be the other woman."

"I'm not committed. And I have explained to you. Please quit talking about her," he reached his hand over and rested it on my bare leg, "I never intended to put you in this situation. I love her, but being with you is something else entirely. I don't want to lose you, but I also don't want to break her heart."

"I don't know."

He read my face for a minute then said, "Let's play a game."

"Game?"

"24 hours to make you fall for me," he said, sitting upright.

"That is impossible," I chuckled. "I'm not going to fall in love with somebody in a day. Stupid game."

"So watch me. Let's begin this morning by preparing your breakfast. What would you want to eat?" His hair fluttered close to his eyes, adding charm to his unkempt morning appearance.