2: Forced

The next day

It's the day of Queen Aemma and the Prince Bealon's funeral and we are all gathered outside ready for Rhaenyra to burn her mother and brother, I'm standing with my mother and father but I notice Rhaenyra's hesitation, I approach where she and Daemon is.

"Cousin they're waiting to you" I say in high Velaryon, I've been practicing, "I wonder in those few hours my brother lived" she pauses trying to hold back some tears and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"my father finally found happiness." "But Rhaenyra, your father needs you ,now more than ever," I say trying to reassure her that her father still loves her "I will never be a son" and a single tea slides down her face.

(An// that whole conversation was in high Velaryon)

Rhaenyra steps forward and looks at Syrax "Dracarys" she says and Syrax lights her mother and brother on fire, I couldn't bear to look at it so I looked away but when a hand landed on my shoulder I turned around like the speed of lightning just to see Daemon standing behind me with a reassuring smile.

When we head back to the castle I decide to go comfort Rhaenyra in her chambers since mother and father said we'll be staying for a while, so I walk with Rhaenyra to her chamber but when we enter and I close the door she collapses on her bed and cry's her heart out, but who can blame her, her mother is dead all because her father wanted a son. I sat down in front of her and pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back in soothing circles as she cries and screams.

Hours went by and Rhaenyra finally fell asleep and I took my leave, as I make my way towards my chambers I bumped into Daemon "Apologies cousin I did not see you" I say looking up to him "It's ohk, walk with me?" I nod and start walking beside him, we start walking in an awkward silence until Daemon speaks.

"You've grown Dealora" I turn to him "That's what happens when one gets older Daemon" I said sarcasticly "Funny, but I mean what I say, your becoming a fine looking woman indeed" I turn to look straight ahead of me, slightly blushing at the compliment.

"How is your wife the lady Rhea Royce" I asked curiously, "My bronze bitch has been a burden since the day I married her" he said, becoming uncomfortable discussing his wife, I decided to change the subject,"You were good on the tourney fields, you should've won" I said giving a little smirk.

"Yes, yes I should've" he said and a comfortable silence was present as we walk to my chambers, we walked past the council room and saw guards positioned outside, Daemon stopped abruptly, I turned to see why he stopped when he took my hand a placed a light kiss on it, "I'll see you again, Dealora" he said and walked off.

The council room

The doors opened and everyone stood as Viserys walks, annoyed that he has a council meeting this late, he quickly makes his way to his seat and sits everyone following after. "Where's Rhaenyra" he asks as he sees the Grand Maester pouring his own wine, "Your grace. This is the last thing any of us wish to discuss at this dark hour. But I consider this matter urgent" Otto says calmly.

"What matter?" Viserys ask, confused, "That if your succession. These recent tragedies have left you without an obvious heir" Otto said fully starting the discussion "The King has an heir, my Lord Hand" Corlys speaks up but Otto cuts him short, "Despite how difficult this time is, your grace, I feels it's important the succession be firmly in place, for the stability of the realm."

"The succession is already set, by precedent and by law" Lord Beesbury said, "Shall we say his name? Daemon Targaryen" Corlys added, "If Daemon were to remain the uncontested heir it could destabilize the realm" Maester Mellos argued, "The realm or this council" Corlys questioned. "No one here can know what Daemon do were he King but no one can doubt his ambition. Look at what he did with the 'gold cloaks.' The city watch is fiercely loyal to him. An army 2,000 strong" Otto stated to everyone.