Chapter 6 - Thorn Hill

Dylan

(i changed her bday to june 7th)

I wake up at three am. Today is gonna suck. God, I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in months. I slide out of bed.

Goddamn I'm sore

I blush thinking about last night. That was amazing. I walk to my music room and close the door. Good thing it's pretty soundproof. I walk into the recording booth and grab my guitar. I sit against the wall and turn the amp on quiet.

Then I start strumming Hey There Delilah.

"Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York City?" I sing softly. "I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty yes you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true."

Danny comes into the room and I smile as he sits and sings.

"Hey there Delilah don't you worry about the distance I'm right there if you get lonely give this song another listen close your eyes. Listen to my voice it's my disguise, I'm by your side."

"Oh, it's what you do to me," I sing louder. "Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh it's what you do to me, oh it's what you do to me, what you do to me." I stop strumming and put my guitar down.

"Hey Danny," I walk over and hug him. "I missed you Big D."

"Dyl why the heck are you awake right now?" He asks.

I step back. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I couldn't sleep," he shrugs. I nod.

"Same."

"Well I'm gonna try to sleep," he salutes me. "Bye sis." I wave and he leaves. I quietly run back to my room and shut the door. Ryder is still fast asleep, his breathing even. Good. I hate when he has nightmares.

I walk into my closet and quickly put on a different outfit.

I'm honestly trying to dress more like a teenager lately. I grab a knife and slip it inside my belt. Then I walk to the bed and brush the hair off Ryder's face.

"I love you," I whisper and lightly kiss his forehead. Then I quickly go down to the garage and get in my convertible. I drive slowly down the street and once I'm on the main road, I put the top down and start driving fast.

I randomly start laughing as the wind whips my hair. God I've missed being here. I love Italy, and Chicago, don't get me wrong. But having to deal with the assassin for the Italian mafia is not the most relaxing mission.

FLASHBACK TO ITALY MISSION

"Isabella!" I call out. I'm looking for Maddy right now. "ISABELLA WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"FRANCESCA!"

I start sprinting in the direction of her screams. I see our target dragging her. I pull out my gun. But if I shoot now, I'll hit him and Maddy. Fuck.

"ANTHONY MANCINI!" I shout. He stops and turns around. "It's over. We know about the inside trafficking you've been doing."

His eyes grow wide and he lets go of Maddy. She runs to me and whips out her gun.

"You know nothing," he snaps. "You're just a couple of girls who work at the club."

"Actually," I laugh and step forward, cocking my gun. "I'm much more powerful than you think. Isa, it's go time." We both press our necklaces and immediately we're surrounded by law enforcement.

"Good job girls," Officer Lorenzo comes over.

"Grazie," I nod. "We must be going." We walk away, arm in arm.