~Chapter 20~

I'm in class right now and it's boring as fuck per usual. Billie asked to hang out after school though so thats gonna make this day a whole lot better.

the bell finally rang and now it was time to head to lunch, me and Haley haven't been hanging out much anymore. she's been too busy with her new boyfriend and her new friend group. I miss her, she's been my best friend since 4th grade. I understand she has new friends tho and we don't really have much in common anymore, I'm not like her I'm different than her and her friends, I don't dress like them I'm not into the same things they are and I'm definitely not straight like most people at this shit school.

but then there's Billie...she's amazing, she gets me, she understands me, and that's what I love about her, she takes the time to get to know people, she shows she actually cares and puts effort into knowing someone. I know she would never judge me and she would always help me but I still don't want her to know about anything, I don't want her to stop me from doing what I'm doing because I know she will.

I walk to the lunch room and see Haley sitting at a table next to her boyfriend with her friend group around them, im not sure why I came in here today but I decided to just sit in a corner by myself and read a book. books are one of my favorite things, books help me escape from life, escape from my problems. when I'm stressed I can take out a book and forget about everything going on around me, some people may say that's not very healthy to consistently escape your problems like that but I don't really care it's better than being stuck thinking about life all the time like I do when I'm not reading.

as I'm flipping the next chapter someone walks up to me. I look up and see it's Billie, I smile and she grins back.

"what's a gorgeous girl like you doing sitting here all alone, want someone to keep you company?" she smirks and tries not to laugh

"Don't ever say that again" I laugh

"that sounded like such a straight guy thing to say" I shake my head while she finally lets out a laugh.

"I know I'm sorry but that was hilarious I just had to" She looks at me and just smiles

"so what are you doing here all alone for real though?" she asks

"um I don't really know if I'm being honest I just walked in here and decided to just sit in a corner to read" I shrug

"I've noticed you haven't been with Haley as much what happened with that?" she says looking across at her table

I then explain everything to her and she just sits and listens to every detail and pays attention to what I'm saying, she asks about macie and how she's been so we talked about her for a little bit and then just continued talking about anything and everything like usual.

school is finally over and I'm walking to Billie's car with macie behind me, she offered to drive us to school this morning since we live next door and it just makes more sense since we are close.

we pull into billie's driveway and start getting our stuff to get out, macie says bye and walks over to our house while me and billie head inside hers.

"hi Amara it's so good to see you again dear" Maggie grins and gives me a hug

I giggle and say "It's good to see you too Maggie"

she hugs Billie and then Billie grabs my hand and pulls me to her room.

"wanna watch a movie?" she asks

"sure what should we watch" I ask

"let's just watch white chicks I don't know" she shrugs

I nod and she pulls it up on her laptop, we get comfortable and lay next to each other either with my head on her shoulder while her arm is wrapped around me.

after the movie, we just started talking.

"so you've never been out of state before?!" she gasps

"um nope I want to though, I think it would be fun" I say

"I'm definitely taking you somewhere one day" She gets all excited which makes me laugh

"Sure I would love that" I smile

we kept talking about all kinds of things when all of a sudden she says...

"I wanna take you out on a date, would you want to?" she blurts out

"yeah of course but when?" I grin

"how about this weekend is that ok?" she asks

"yeah sure I don't have any plans" I reply

"ok sick, I'm excited now" she giggles

I laugh and cuddle her, we watch some random show and just sit there in silence while enjoying each other's presence.

I wish it could be like this forever, I feel safe and comfortable with her, but all good things come to an end sometimes...